Replacement Pads for Dv888?

Hey eXperts! I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on my noobish question. I got a Dv888 for christmas and am in need of replacing the pads, I have been using my own flowable silicone job but I don’t like that because I am bad at it and because of that it doesn’t last very long and I only have 1 yoyo so I don’t like having to wait 24 hours to yoyo.
Will these work in my Dv888?
http://www.yoyonation.com/product.php?productid=16550&cat=332&page=1
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

sorry bout the thread jack

but will you have to replace thoses?

(Shisaki) #3

Yes, you have to replace response pads eventually and the pads should fit, if you read the last sentence on the DV888 page here at YYE it says 888 size K-pads fit.

P.S Not just eXperts are helpful ;).

You can use the flowable too… I guess

i recommend the regular k-pads over the kentaro’s in my experience with them they did not even last a week

Thanks for your responses guys, I didn’t really mean eXperts as just the people with the title. I kinda meant all of us are eXperts since we all use and love this site.[tr][td] ;D Sorry for the misunderstanding. :-[

You can silicon it and not wait 24hrs. I siliconed mine a few months back. Here’s what I did.

1- remove old pads.
2- Clean the groove. Clean it really well. Use acetone or alcohol and get all leftover sticky crap out.
3- Silicone.
4- Let the silicone dry for 15-30 min.
5- Put a skillet on the stove on LOW. Put a yo-yo half on the center of the skillet. Let it heat until the yo-yo is too hot to touch. Remove from heat.
6- repeat with other yo-yo half.
7- Wait a while, maybe an hour or so, play the yo-yo.

I did this and have had no problems with the silicone. Considering the depth of the response groove, 24hrs drying time is a bit excessive in my opinion.

Try it. If you don’t like it order the pads. You’ve got the silicone. You have nothing to loose.

-Mark