Renaissance YoYo Company: Manticore *UPDATE* 5-5-12

Is it awkward because of the shape, or the not-rounded-that-much edges?

Well, since my first post wasn’t so much of a help, I think I would post again with some opinion.

Its nice that you already thinking to rounding off some sharp edges to prevent string cutting, nice choice on the bearing also to get a very extreme shape.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is that almost horizontal catch zone near the bearing seat would cause too many friction with string when landing a trapeze like trick, might be best to slope it up a little.

Its just my opinion on design though.

If this design is goin to be produce, it will be like no other…

I see what your saying. I however think that because its sloped a bit, however little, than the force of the yoyo swinging down on the string will overpower the force of the slope. Thanks for the heads up though.

I think that the rim weight will make it a powerful throw, like an extremely wide Dif-e-yo with the weight rings in them. The shape looks more organic for an H, which I like…the envy was kind of weird, but cool too. This is also heavier, so thats a good thing in my book. I would say go with production, I would buy one if I had the money, for that looks like a beast of a yoyo…pun intended.

Thanks. The organic H-shape was what I was going for.

I was thinking first run would be purple. What do you think?

I like half/half yoyos personally, but it’s your yoyo, man, do whatever you want!

I like half/half yoyos too, but as the first run will be very limited, there would be no point.

Yeah, makes sense. I’d like to see purple.

Purple is one of my favorite yoyo colors…

purple is a rarer color, so go with it…I love purple.

Purple Haze, all around…

best music refernece ever…I back this already.

Scuze me while I kiss the sky…

I love the design! The shape is extreme, yet organic and looks great fun to hold and play with. I believe that this shape paired with the 52mm diameter will make this yoyo awesome. Purple is the way to go for ano. Will it be blasted? Looks like a great grinder, plus the shape wont chew up string. I also like the D bearing. Very innovative. 

How did you come up with Manticore. I know the myths and stuff, but was interested to see how you came up with the name.  :)

Tumbled. I was really into ancient Greece at one time. :slight_smile:

What program do you use to make the design?

Really nice wild, i really like it, but it dosent look like it would be the desired weight, does your program calculate the weight? I might be wrong, but thats what it looks like from here.

I have yet to calculate the weight. Thanks for the heads up that the weight might be off. I’m actually going to calculate the weight soon.

Where do you go to make a 3d design? Is it free?