Rejection Blues

Hoping someone can help.

Love this trick, can get everything else except the string to reject and “flip” around on its own.

I have tried everything, and to get it to work around correctly I really have to work it.

I was hoping someone had any tips on how to get the string to reject properly as I am out of ideas.

What I’m trying to figure out starts at 2:20

Thanks!!!

Organic or high wall yoyos are great for rejections so that might help you get it to happen. For rejections I just try to remember to keep my string somewhat taut, if your hands are loose and the string is loose its gonna be nearly impossible for the yoyo to reject. It looks like he swings it forward as well so try to be tight when you do that. Lmk if that helps at all

1 Like

I think that’s where I’m most lost. I can’t tell if he pops it up and twists to get a rejection. Or forward with a twist. Just trying to do it right but I see it two different ways from the video

Yeah that angle is hard to learn at. I refuse to try to learn a trick from any other view than above

There is a birds eye toward the end which helps. But still difficult. I can reject it but not get it to whip around as fast as it is