Whats this repeater?

42 seconds starts in a double or nothing

6 Likes

I didn’t look at it too closely to be sure it’s 100% exactly the same, but it’s probably this

5 Likes

thank you!

started at the beginning of this list. i can see he’s getting the string to reject off the back of the yoyo, but i can’t get it to reject. is there a trick to getting it to pop off like that?

1 Like

Haven’t done this in a minute but remember the trick being in how your holding the string back on the pinky side and the angle of your throw hand.

2 Likes

hmm i did notice th pointing down. ill keep trying with emphasis on copying his hand positions

Do you already have a strong understanding of how rejections work? Instead of copying the exact hand positioning/movements being done in a video with rejections, I think it just helps to understand what string you want out of the gap, where that string is in the gap, and where that string is on your hand.

If you think about rejections as just “I will remove this string from the gap of the yoyo” then they become very easy to adjust to, to make sure they always happen. Just look at where the string is in the gap of the yoyo, where your hands are holding onto that string, and finally which direction you need to nudge your hands or the yoyo itself to make the string leave the gap becomes immediately obvious.

I feel like people only struggle with rejections when they’re more focused on a specific hand or yoyo movement, rather than being focused on simply removing the string from the gap.

This might sound a little obvious, but I promise it helps with any rejections if you aren’t already thinking about them this way.

5 Likes

That’s very helpful information. Thank you.
I love the look of a good repeater and the ones in this video are so good.

1 Like

not even a little bit lol I’ll start there

3 Likes

Rejections feel cool and I really like them. I agree w everything Mable said and just want to add that you absolutely want to identify which string you want to leave to gap, and it’s also important to note that you’re using the spin of the Yoyo to pop whatever string out of the gap. Usually you get the strongest rejections when the string is pressed into the wall at either 12 o’clock or 6 o’clock. Often the string is bent to be like 90 degrees off the trapeze plane and into the wall and you’ll get that good feeling rejection pop.

4 Likes