Magic Drop Issue

I’m trying to learn magic drop, I’m doing all the motions, except when I try to land the yoyo on the back string, it lands on all of them. Please help. ???

Try moving your nonthrowhand away from you (forwards) a little bit just before the yoyo lands on the string. Also, try pointing your NTH index finger down to separate the strings some.

Try what Apetrunk is saying and also keep the part of the “L” closer to your hand. Mabye this video will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJo1qDKxsRQ

1st and for most, you have to know this is a rejection trick.

What is a “rejection trick?” ??? lol.

A string rejection trick is one in which some string segment is rejected out of the yoyo, caused by the spinning motion of the yoyo.

^
may I also add the string rejecting is caused by the string touching the response system while the yoyo is spinning in reverse which causes the string to “reject” and get spat out:

make the L as big as you can. i mainly just fluke them but just keep practicing these different techniqes

One of the things I’ve found helps with this is when the yo yo comes around your throw hand, try to only give it enough force to get to the top of its arc, letting it ‘drop’ the rest of the way, this bit of a slow down helps with the rejection

I kept on landing on both also, what helped me get it almost 100% of the time is this. When you are in a trapeze keep your hands some what close. If you have them to far apart there is too much tension on the strings which causes the yoyo to stay close to your finger as you swing it around, and you end up on both strings.