Refining technique one variable at a time

:yo-yo: :smiley:

1 Like

Wait… Yoyo emote???

:yo-yo:

YOYO EMOTE!!!

3 Likes

My one concern about throwing a slimmer yoyo (than I typically do) is that I will get used to the smaller string spread necessary for things like the 1.5 mount, and then when I go back to throwing a wider yoyo, it’ll constantly get snagged on both strands.

I’d go for a plastic yoyo, actually. It changes the performance in terms of stability/spin time while still allowing you a wide choice of shapes and sizes. They’re also very inexpensive comparatively. The grabbiness of the surface will also guide you towards being more accurate with your hands/arms (so you don’t brush against it). Once you learn a trick on your easiest-to-learn-with yoyo, try it on a plastic like the Big Fun or Wedge and it’ll highlight the areas of the trick you might be stumbling on and scraping by.

2 Likes

Tsk tsk you didn’t read all new topics :frowning:

1 Like

lol. The yoyo emote thread was really fun to read. :yo-yo:

1 Like

This is an interesting question, what’s the most neutral monometal, the platonic ideal of a neutral monometal? :thinking: I like your choice of Dang2, but I am wondering if there is anything else more “on the nose”. Maybe a Shutter?

I have no idea what “very neutral” is meant to convey if a Gauntlet is an example!

3 Likes

With those yo-yos listed, I would think that the Mantis falls under that category as well.

And maybe the Joyride or Metal Replay? The Dogma?

1 Like

Neutral, I think of a center weighted, lighter (65g or less), not super stable yo-yo. Your Parlay, IMO, would fit that pretty close.

1 Like