Refill Yoyo String Lab Test Tubes?

I haven’t asked s stupid question in nearly a week so here goes. How do you refill the tubes so they come out smoothly one at a time? I have some empty tubes and Type X string I’d like to stick there.

4 Likes

@MattB

2 Likes

To make it so you can pull out one at a time you will need a dowel or something shaped like it, like a wooden spoon handle, sharpie size in diameter, but ideally longer than a sharpie and slightly thicker. Even two new pencils taped together side by side works in a pinch, lol. I use a drum stick. I hold the stick towards the tip end in my left hand (thumb facing towards the middle of the stick). Then, I hold down all the knotted ends with my left thumb and start wrapping the group of strings overhand around the stick working my way down towards the other end (it helps to tilt the stick downwards to make it easier to wrap). Not too tight or it will be hard to slide off into the tube. Hold the last wrap of the string against the stick and slide everything including the stick into the tube. Then slide the strings down the stick as you pull it out. Usually, I need to give the strings a push down into the tube to make it easier to get the lid on.

6 Likes

Credit this info to MattB from yoyostringlab. He’s extremely helpful.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. This came up a couple of weeks ago in the mail thread but I couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the trick. It leaves the knotted ends at the top of the tube, so you can pull them out one at a time by grabbing one and holding your thumb across the top to keep the others in.

8 Likes