Red Triangle Suicide?

Hey,
just have a short question, I want to get suicide down but its pretty tough to get consistent for me.
some people said that its easier to suicide a triangle (wich makes sense of course) but practicing with a GT is a bad idea (KNOTS KNOTS EVERYWHERE :wink: ) but if I try to use a red triangle it bunchs up a lot and its even harder to catch than a trapeze (the string just slides towards my offhand) is there a way to make the red triangle stay spread?
also maybe someone has some awesome advice on suicides in general? :wink:

thanks!

Red triangles are fairly fragile. It’s easiest to land them if your triangle is very developed. Like, pulling it through until it starts getting small again, and then pull it through some more. At least for me. It would probably be wise to attempt a variety of formations.

As for suicides in general, practice multiple kinds. I find 1.5 to be easier than normal suicides. So, don’t be afraid to try to learn harder suicides. Also, string tension. Make sure it is perfect. Even a quarter twist of tension can mess you up. If your really having trouble with tension, a swivel might be a good idea. Another thing to work on is making sure of what the string on the other side of the yoyo is doing. Some people keep it tight, making there suicide loop big and fast. I keep it loose, resulting in a smaller, slower suicide. (If you have no idea what I’m talking about watch Yotrick’s then Yoyoexperts tutorial. See their different styles? That’s all I can think of right now… Oh, make sure your string is really, really visible. Like, neon yellow in the sun visible. Okay. Now that’s all I can think of. For now.

1 Like

The way to get huge RTs that are ideal for suicides is by doing the first slack part of Gondola. Red Triangle suicides are the easiest kind in my opinion.

1 Like

thanks a lot :slight_smile: gonna keep working! but you helped a lot thanks

you can do gondola then you can do it it helped me