recommendations for plastic responsive yoyo

I would consider myself an advanced player. I have been throwing on and off for 15 years. My main throw is a Shutter, but sometimes I long for the olden days of the early 2000s when people used responsive yoyos.

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo?
Yes

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much?
My favorite yoyos of all time in historical order: SuperYo Renegade, Duncan Freehand, Anti-Yo Fluchs, Anti-Yo Bapezilla, and YoYoFactory Yuuksta

Right now for responsive play, I am using a modded Freehand Zero.

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo?
I like slightly slimmer yoyos like 39-42 mm (even though my main throw is the Shutter which is 44 mm).

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution?
Not really

-Do you have a price range?
I am looking for something plastic and under $20

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? List them.
I think the only yoyo created in the past 5 years that fits my criteria is the YoYoJam Classic. Let me know if there are any other good responsive yoyos which are comparable or better than what I am using (i.e. FHZ).

-Do you prefer a certain brand?
No

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style?
15 second “mid school” string tricks like Paul Escolar, Jason Lee, and Spencer Berry

-Do you prefer a certain response system?
I don’t like changing stickers.

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks?
No

-What trick are you currently working on?
Superman, And Whut?

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good?
No

Well, there’s the YoYoJam Classic which you mentioned. Fantastic plastic yoyo. Extraordinary value.

There’s also the follow-up to the Classic called the Surge which is a slightly thinner yoyo as well. The Surge is also sold in responsive form and that’s called the Odyssey from both Yomega and YoYoJam.

iYoYo’s Dave Geigle has a new plastic being funded on indiegogo right now called the KiCKSTART which would play responsive out of the package and should start shipping to backers in a few months.