Looking for a real fun plastic yoyo

So recently I bought my little brother a b-grade Delrin wedge, but when it got here I found no one enjoyed it more than me. Now I’m looking for my own plastic yoyo but I’m not sure what I need. I’m looking for something fun and I thought that the best way for me to find the perfect yoyo would be to ask the collective.

Ps. Sorry this is a sloppy paragraph, I hope it made some sense

3 Likes

Do you want it responsive or unresponsive?
This will help others decide.

1 Like

What other plastic yoyos do you own?

The WEDGE as you mentioned is great. Super fun.

Some other current favorites:

4 Likes

Isn’t the Replay Pro still pretty popular?

2 Likes

Replay Pro is the best priced unresponsive yoyo on the market. :100:

8 Likes

SF PLSCT is the best well plastic

2 Likes

I’ve been happily surprised how well the YYF Arrow series plays as well. Been playing the Arrow Pro alot lately and it’s fun. Great price points.

3 Likes

Reviews of it have been kinda mixed. I’ve heard it’s really stable and powerful, and also that it’s weak and terribly unstable… Those are conflicting opinions if you ask me :smirk:

How does it really play?

2 Likes

For $15, there is no better value than the YYF Protostar.

4 Likes

Imo it plays light, but despite that it is surprisingly stable and the spin times are longer than expected. I really don’t know where people are getting unstable out of it; I can throw sloppily enough with it where my organic yoyos mess up, but the PLSTC stays on plane. Spin times are a little better than my Skyva. Tbh it’s not that exciting of a yoyo, but in general I hate plastics so take that with a grain of salt. The naysayers are wrong imo, it’s a good yoyo for what it is.

3 Likes

The Yoyorecreation Diffusion is one of the most stable and smooth plastic yoyos there is imho. I also have a Wedge, and while it is a very good yoyo, I still find myself reaching for my Diffusion. It comes with both a responsive bearing, and a non responsive one - which is YoyoRec’s double straight bearing (and is actually an NSK micro center trac bearing) and is used in their top of the line models (Draupnir, Sigtyr, etc)

6 Likes

YoyoEmpire Notus is incredibly fun.

Edit: just realized it’s not really available anywhere… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Unresponsive, sorry forgot to mention that

1 Like

I don’t know who has called it week and unstable, because its nether its really fun, floaty, its stable, not the most power yoyo in the world but it does have a very long spin time, its great for you basic grinds (talon, finger, finger spin, etc…) its over the best plastic yoyo out there on the

3 Likes

What is your budget for this?

I would recommend a hybrid like the Gamma Crash or the iCEBERG, but those are a pricey compared to the budget plastics mentioned above.

I’ve always wanted a hybrid, but Right now I’m looking for something fun. I’d probably put my budget at $40 because the exchange rate from the USA to Canada is real bad right now.

2 Likes

I don’t really own any other plastics. Like I said the wedge is technically my brothers. Until I played with it I never really saw the appeal of a plastic yoyo.

2 Likes

Following this thread, I think I will buy a SKYVA for fun, I had no plans to buy a plastic but I liked the SKYVA

1 Like

I have YYF Replay Pro, DyNasty, Grind Machine, OneStar, Whip, One and Protostar and for me the best is precisely Protostar, among all my plastics

For $40 it is worth considering the Premiere.

1 Like