Best unresponsive plastic Yoyo

I’m looking to get a plastic unresponsive Yoyo. What are the best options? If there are other budget Yo-yos in different materials, those could work too.

Thanks

2 Likes

If you don’t do any grinds then you can go to CLYW.ca and grab a fools gold Yeti. They have minor cracking that doesn’t affect play AND they’re literal steals at five bucks. Best five bucks I’ve ever spent. I’ve been having a blast learning string and whip tricks on mine. Excellent plastic throw if a little bigger than the norm.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for the quick replys guys! I’ve heard a lot about the replay pro and the wedge. Are those any better?

YYF are good plastic options as well, get all three

2 Likes

Wedge has a more modern construction but i like both of those. You can literally just pick the one you think looks the coolest :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These are supposed to be really good:

3 Likes

Wow it says weight is 71g for those!

1 Like

Yeah, it is a large diameter though…

Maybe good for starting out, since it would tend play slower, or bad to have all that weight flying around?

I haven’t played one yet, but when I asked about it here once, only praise came back. $8 too…

3 Likes

What is the price limit under consideration?

If price is not an issue, then I’d say your best bet would be a Gamma Crash.

how much less durable is the fools gold?

1 Like

Oh, I also highly recommend the YoyoEmpire V TiNG. I imagine the H TiNG would also be quite excellent.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s any less durable. As long as you’re not slamming it into concrete. I’ve smacked it pretty good on the wood floor a couple of times (string was too long) and it hasn’t cracked any more than how it came to me.

2 Likes

I vote Topyo Mojo. Solid all around and it’s like having a cheat code for fingerspins

3 Likes

Throw Duncan!

2 Likes

Does the Protostar count as “plastic”? If so, it’s a pretty great throw for $15.

5 Likes

Yeah, the only criticism I have of the ProtoStar is the usual one: the dang “deathgrip” spacers.

One Drop Rally and Cabal. Boom.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure that yoyos which rarely appear in BSTs qualify as “best options”… :thinking:

4 Likes

+1 for Cabal :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes