Best unresponsive plastic Yoyo

Will second that Cabal is a pretty fun yoyo. That said, when someone talks “plastic” I tend to think injection molded rather than machined delrin.

Just my opinion tho.

2 Likes

I prefer the FHZ and Mojo over the First Base, Replay Pro, and Wedge. The latter three had a plastic vibe that I just couldn’t get over.

Surprised no one has mentioned Variant yet! I would say it easily competes with anything in that $20 price range.

5 Likes

I really liked the Protostar. And I still do. It handels everything you want it to. Other great plastics I like the are First Base and the cabal. Not sure if the cabal counts since its made of derlin.

1 Like

The Variant is over 61mm in diameter. No thanks!

1A yoyos are growing to the size of 4A yoyos. Before long they’ll be the size of Diabolos. I’m not a fan of this trend. :-1:

4 Likes

Just a tad smaller than the Yeti 2.0 which I still enjoy throwing. The Variant really doesn’t feel as large in play though.

4 Likes

Plastic needs to be big to get the right mass though. It takes a lot of plastic to match the weight of metal, for example.

5 Likes

That’s why I prefer hybrids. The Gamma Crash is what I consider a perfectly “normal” full-size throw, and it plays like a bimetal despite having a plastic body.

2 Likes

Zeekio Vapor is my vote. Runs around $30 but it is machined poly with a metal fingerspin hub. I don’t like most poly plastics yoyos but I love this one.

I bought 2 of these Yetis. When I got them, I couldn’t really see cracks in either one. However, I had one of them in my car one day while I was at work on a cold winter day. Unfortunately, it has some fine visible cracks in both hubs as a result. I have not struck the floor with it. Fortunately, the cracks only affect its cosmetic appearance. I am not sure if a normal A grade Yeti would have done the same thing. I suspect it would have weathered the cold a bit better, though.

2 Likes

You can score a brand new V TiNG for $43 (free shipping). Given its build quality and performance, that is a steal.

I am really happy with the Diffusion and being on sale for $15 it not only plays well bu is a real bargain.

4 Likes