Recommendation for Plastic to Learn Horizontals

I want to start practicing horizontals more. So far, I got down the throw and banana turnover with my cheapo responsive but my unresponsive yoyos are mostly metal and scary! I do have a replay pro but the side caps make that thing is so incredibly loud, I can’t stand to use it for more than a couple throws. I have already accepted that I will probably get slapped by my Yoyo and I would rather have that be from something less scary than what I have now.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a nonmetal yoyo to practice horizontals on? The main thing I’m interested in is how suited for horizontal play it is. It’s also important that it’s not tooooo loud. I like to hear the Yoyo a little bit but not that much. The volume I like is like, if we were watching tv, and then I started throwing, you shouldn’t need to turn up the tv.

I was looking at the speedaholic xx by c3yoyodesign because I’ve seen other people here really like that yoyo. I was also looking at the dove by yoyofriends because I really like the bimetal yoyos I have by them and I’m curious about the deralin material. I’m definitely not set on either of these and open to all options but I don’t think I could bring myself to spend more than like $40(USD) for this kind of Yoyo.

Thanks for any advice on choosing a Yoyo or intro to zontals tips y’all have!

2 Likes

The Dove has a relatively sharp edge. If I had to choose a yo-yo to get hit by, it would have a flatter rim with a rounded over edge.

I find that the Dove is pretty un-Delrin in its feel due to the finish. I wouldn’t recommend it for trying out Delrin.

1 Like

Speedaholic is indeed a good yoyo for zontals. I mean I’m not an expert at zontals I just know that the Speedaholic has insane value for its price

The Plastic Fulvia is a good choice for horizontals

2 Likes

MYY Variant

1 Like

Speedaholic XX, Fulvia, and Yeti would be my choices

the speedaholic xx, plastic fulvia, wEDGE, shooting star would be my recommendations.