Recommendation for budget competition bi-metals

I am setting up 6 pack grab bags for daily practice and playing. I randomly draw a bag each day and use all the yoyos in it. Then the bag goes into the used stack and waits for me to get through the other bags. Each bag must contain at least one yoyo from each of the following categories…

Plastic
Responsive
All around good practice yoyo
Bi-metal
Performance oriented
Unusual

This will get me away from using the same yoyo over and over, and help me learn my collection. If I find myself really objecting to spending some time with a particular yoyo than it needs to go on BST. This should help me discover other yoyos in my collection that I really like. I started to go fancy and buy a bunch of 6-yoyo cases, but all that is really needed is brown paper bags. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s a great idea! I really like this!

I was trying to rotate through my collection…I’d pick up random yos every few days and give them a go.
Part of what I like about just collecting 1 single colorway, is that I love just collecting to collect. So even if I get a yo that I don’t particullarly like to play with…at least it adds to my growing collection of greens which in itself brings me joy.
But at the same time…I have SO many awesome yos in my collection. I’d like to give them some play time. As nice as they look on display…lol they’re much funner when I actually use them! :stuck_out_tongue:

That all changed when I got my Overdrive Draupner. lol now it’s the only damn throw I pretty much use. I try using other yos…but it’s just not happening! :stuck_out_tongue:
I miss rotating through my others!

This project sounds pretty fun…I might try doing something similar sometime! :smiley:

Flashback

1 Like

If you can get your hands on a sf motive its a great throw and its very powerful and controllable and nimble all the things you want in a bi metal.

I LOVE my Start the Riot and Invaders Must Die, liking the latter a wee bit more. From YOYORECREATION’s budget line Rebellion, it’s been on sale here and their website for a discounted price of $75.

3 Likes