Recommendation for budget competition bi-metals

I need two more competition bi-metals for a project and want to keep them in budget. I have a Grasshopper GTX and a Navigator. Need suggestios for a couple more in that price range that play just as well. I’m really happy with the Grasshopper GTX.

4 Likes

i have a super cheap one, but it plays really good for the price. it’s the Bi-Metal Superstar.

1 Like

Invaders must die.

5 Likes

The only bimetal I’ve used in competition is the edge. Others I’ve hey are good are the Marco and the bind.

5 Likes

There’s the MagicYoYo Bi @ $45 or the Focus Z01 for just $40.

4 Likes

bind, Marco, butter, Edge, edge beyond, Grasshopper GTX.

4 Likes

TopYo Dominator!

3 Likes

Definitely the TopYo Dominator.

Then again, maybe $70 isn’t cheap enough to be considered a “budget” bi-metal? In which case you are mostly limited to stuff from MagicYoyo.

1 Like

I really like the Focus Z01.

2 Likes

its so good

The Magic Yoyo Stealth is excellent and a great deal in my opinion!

3 Likes

I have a Stealth and I wish I could find a complete set of official specs on it; it feels to me like it has a wide gap and/or somewhat slippy pads because the binds are not all that snappy IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks. The Marco and Dominator look like what I am interested in. Wonder why there are no YouTube reviews of the Dominator?

1 Like

I got a Stealth a month ago. I noticed a slippiness. I put on a Markmont Reppy string and I never had the problem again. That’s just me though. I think you do mostly horizontal and I do exclusively front style so that and the Markmont string may be why I no longer have a slippy problem.

1 Like
2 Likes

The Marco definitely looks like a good choice if wide, extreme V shapes are your jam.

5 Likes

So…what’s the ‘project’ you’re wanting to do? :smiley:

Retic Death Adder. Seems to be in the top-5 list of Bi-Metals for many people. I have the Grasshopper GTX too and it’s good, but I like the Death Adder even better. I have one for sale brand new in box never used, see here. $72 + ship.

2 Likes

Start The Riot, you can get on BST for only 50-60 shipped. Trully underestimated yoyo…

2 Likes