Recess Ywet

Did anybody get in on the ywet drop last week?

3 Likes

Yes. Why whats up?

1 Like

I got one. So hype to get it.

4 Likes

I got 2! Yea im that guy. But in all fairness the second is for a great friend of mine who pretty much got me to appreciate anti yo

6 Likes

Have yours shipped yet?

1 Like

No
I wouldnt worry. Ive heard they take a while to ship.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Ok, I was wondering when I could expect it to ship but I’ll be patient. Just really looking forward to receiving it.

1 Like

Ill ask them on IG and respond hang on

1 Like

I got one tooooo!! Yeah Recess orders sometimes take a sec

2 Likes

Which means a week or two lol. But its all good im sure we will see them soon enough. Congrats on the purchases guys…they went faaaast

3 Likes

So are these still considered to be “Anti-Yo” or are these Severance Ywets ? There seems to have been several of these different 2008 Ywet variants over the last couple of years between Tyler at Recess and Static Co. This 2008 version of the Ywet isn’t on the old Ant-Yo product page http://anti-yo.com/products.html

@AaronW what are your thoughts, I know you have had a lot of Anti-Yos

4 Likes

while i can’t speak to the nuance of each release. i know that for the static release, for example, that aaron getting the nod from sonny was significant, and instrumental to the process going through. despite the optimally geared ywet not being released by anti-yo itself.

3 Likes

Did I buy a “poser” anti yo?!

If it plays nice, its worth it anyway lol. So do we know how much of a part Sonny had in this? Is it kinda like the go ahead he gave Elvin for the Mechas?

3 Likes

I mean, they are an AntiYo YWET. Nothing can change that part. They were machined by AntiYo. Sonny found a bunch of them a few years ago and gave them away to friends and told us to “do something cool with them”. I think Tyler got the majority of them, I got 12 or so, and not sure how many Static got.

These were all machined wrong, with the bearing seat to deep, so they needed shims to play correct. That is why they were never released officially by AntiYo. They are still great yoyos.

I was going back and forth on getting one of those from Recess, that nickel plating looked so good! But I’m pretty much not working right now with this whole virus thing going on so trying not to spend any money right now. But if anyone gets it and it’s not for them and wants to do a trade PLEASE let me know :grin:

5 Likes

Just got an update saying shipped! 2 days.

4 Likes

Awesome! Hopefully mine will show up soon.

1 Like

Got my email notification with tracking #. Woot woot. Can’t wait to give the ywet a try.

3 Likes

My YWET showed up today. Before I play with it anyone have a A-RT 420 Light they want to trade?

1 Like

How do you guys like your YWETs?

Do these have one drop style side effects?

I’m assuming these all use the spacers. What material are those made out of and do they affect play at all?