New release from RSO - The YWETi!

From RSO: Sonny and I had so much fun working on the Mecha-Bapezilla that we decided to collaborate a second time. The next most iconic Anti-Yo, the YWET, an acronym for Yo-Yos Will Eat Themselves (inspired by the 80s Brit Pop band Pop Will Eat Itself) was an automatic choice. We named it the “YWETi”.

The first YWETi prototypes incorporated the Side Effects (SE) system. Initially, we decided against making a non-SE version of the YWETi because there was already a slew of aluminum non-SE YWETs from other companies on the market, albeit not traditional collaborations. Sonny shared with me that about 6 years ago, he had experienced a burn out from yo-yo’ing and sold over 1,000 defective raw YWET halves to various individuals, at the cost of their recycling fee. Only recently did these halves see the light of the day after being repaired, repackaged and resold by various companies.

Three prototypes of the SE YWETi were made - I kept one, sent one to Sonny and gifted one to a loyal customer (Shimon Osada) who purchased a 1 of 3 rose gold Mecha-Bapezilla. The prototypes played amazingly, but they gave me a splitting headache because they were extremely difficult to tune to smoothness. I must have spent over two hours tuning a mere 3 of them! As Sonny and I were planning to anodize this batch of YWETis, we decided against incorporating the SE system for the fear of introducing another variable which can contribute to vibe.

The non-SE version of the YWETi was easy to machine and tune. When the yo-yos came back from the coating factory we were mesmerized by the beautiful electroplated colors. The non-SE version of the YWETi was a huge hit and sold out almost immediately. Most felt that it played similarly to the aluminum SE YWET and that the YWETi brought back a sense of nostalgia. The demand far exceeded the supply. I received a constant bombardment of requests for another run of the YWETi.

Fast forward a few months. A SE version of the YWETi was still on the back of our minds. We craved a challenge and decided to go back to the drawing board and figure out the problem with the prototypes. After many long hours spent analyzing problems and prototyping solutions the production run of the SE YWETi turned out fantastic. Despite having a hint of vibe on grinds (it is not dead smooth like all the non-SE RSO yo-yos you are familiar with), it is hands down the best playing version of the YWET ever.

Releasing Saturday 9/19 @ 8PM EDT.

6 Likes

I was around when Anti-Yo actually still existed and it looked like the YWET might never come to fruition for an actual run, and today I learned what YWET stands for for the first time.

7 Likes

4 eels?

3 Likes

You Won’t Ever Throw it :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

4.1999 eels, to be exact

2 Likes

How many are gonna be available on YYE?

You aren’t alone lol. “You Won’t Experience This” was my favorite.

4 Likes

Anyone see a number at 8pm? Looks like they were gone in a minute, they were unavailable at 8:02pm when I looked.

1 Like

I didn’t see a number, but my guess would be 5 at the most, maybe 3 or 4. When they say “very limited” they mean it.

2 Likes

I saw 3. They were sold out before i could complete the transaction.

2 Likes

For the SBti a few weeks back on YYE, I only saw 3 as well.

Yeah they sell out pretty quickly. You usually have to preorder them if you even want a shot at snagging one. Send RSO an email directly and Elvin can assist you. They have amazing customer service!

1 Like

Very limited usually means less than one available.

So, some lucky fool got a 66 Percent YWETi.

But they didn’t sell out in 2 short minutes.

It took at least 120 long seconds.

…I stood up to reach for my wallet.

And they were already gone.

It’s the Saddest day of my life…

But, that being said. There is a brighter side.

I found $419 in my wallet🥳

So… things could be worse.

PS… There were 5 to be exact.

Which, on the good side, is exactly 5 more yoyos than G2 sells per release on this Site.

9 Likes

We had 5 with this release, but releases like this always sell extremely fast.

3 Likes

Damn, so 2 were sold even before I could rapid refresh the page? No wonder I lost out when I fumbled for a second on which credit card to use.

1 Like

How I felt trying to pre-order a PS5… Always someone faster lol.

1 Like

I thought it was a titanium yeti at first lol