Recess Kickstarter

That’s crazy! The last correspondence I received from Tyler was on Friday Nov 19th and it said “ Your Joyride will be in the mail this weekend.”

Clearly that was not the case…

2 Likes

oh man i just looked that up. you can buy them in japan now. how did they get japan before the actual kickstarter backers?! almost a month since we were told they would be shipped

edit: also it doesn’t seem like they are listed as B-grade either. I think they are judging by the picture but still weird

4 Likes

That is actually amazing news LOL at least we know they really exist…
This guy…

4 Likes

Quite a track record Recess has put together here. How long until people stop throwing money at them given how likely it appears that the shenanigans will continue?

6 Likes

I know right. Sadly I hadn’t dealt with them before the Kickstarter and wasn’t aware of the past issues. This is probably the first and last time I buy from them

3 Likes

@tyler_severance has an old YYEF account, but he hasn’t been active in years. Maybe this @ will get into his personal inbox and he can give us a response.

3 Likes

I think it worked! I just got an email from Tyler with tracking and a partial refund to account for the b-grade.

4 Likes

Hey y’all, my apologies for the delays and pauses - like a couple people have mentioned, I’ve taken embarrassingly long in the past to ship out some packages - I’m embarrassed about it, I always profusely apologize, offer refunds if the customer would like, include extras - I always try to make it right (not that that excuses a late package :sparkling_heart:) . No one’s order has ever been unfulfilled or anyone “ripped off”.

I operate Recess mostly through selling yoyos to yoyo retailers, so that way I can focus on what I do best (making content, designing/planning products, booking shows / performing etc). The last 2 years have seen a dramatic shift in direct to consumer sales. I took that approach with some products the last 2 years, which sometimes worked out and others took me a bit longer to totally fulfill. I’m not happy with my tardiness ; and like I said, always tried to make things right and make sure anyone walked away feeling fairly treated, and not slighted.

I understand the alarm that gets set off seeing product you’ve always paid for available else where - and that is my mistake, I apologize for not respecting everyone’s desire for early access . I produced more than enough product to fulfill everyone’s orders :pray:t3::sparkling_heart:. I was operating the Kickstarter more so as a promotion for the latest run of First Base, and include everyone on the massive amount of yoyo demos/workshops Recess booked for Summer 2021.

I reached out (email or kickstarter) to everyone a couple weeks back confirming addresses one last time - if you didn’t receive the email, feel free to shoot me a message on Kickstarter or tyler@recessintl.com

Took today to fulfill all orders for info I had - if you don’t receive a reply message or a tracking number in the next 24 hours, feel free to post back here so I can see it

Thanks again everyone for your support, patience and persistence :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Hey @tylerseverance,
As of now I still did not get a refund or tracking number. I already was twice with you in contact because of my shipping details. How can we proceed?

3 Likes

Hey @Kray , sorry about that. Post or DM me your email / kickstarter handle and it will be in the mail this afternoon :pray:t3::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

@tylerseverance my handle on kickstarter is Ray. Let me know if you need more.

2 Likes

@tylerseverance Hey man I also haven’t received an tracking number or anything. Sent you a message via Kickstarter on the 20th November confirming details. My kickstarter handle is just Philip. Let me know if you need an email too

3 Likes

@tylerseverance And I send you the details again over kickstarter!
Please let me know if there are any open questions.

2 Likes

Ok all solved for me.

6 Likes

Hey Phil,

Sorry for the delay, just sent you tracking on Kickstarter <3

will be at the post office tomorrow afternoon before my Boy Scout YoYo Show :joy:

4 Likes

As seen on What are you Throwing 2022 . Nickel Joyride has finally arrived :raised_hands:

6 Likes