Dark Magic: Graphite Edition

Hey team,
A few years ago, I lost a bidding war on Ebay for a Dark Magic yoyo with this gorgeous colorway called the “Graphite Edition”. I was wondering if any had any info on when they were made and how many. I haven’t heard anything about this edition other than from Ebay, and to be brutally honest it’s been haunting me for a while that I lost out on this bad boy :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

@AndreBoulay will likely know.

I actually think I have one of those. It may be a HitMan though…

7 Likes

I want one.

There was a series of YoYoJam yoyos that hydocoated like that - they were always pretty rare/limited runs - usually 25 yoyos max, etc. And they usually sold them direct at actual yoyo contests. That specific color was pretty rare too I think - I’m not sure I even had one!

11 Likes

What does Andre Boulay’s collection look like nowadays :thinking: do you have a large collection of DMs lying around?

4 Likes

That is a great looking Yo-Yo. I can see why it’s turning into your Great White Buffalo.

1 Like

I’m curious if the hydro dip makes the plastic more durable.

On my hydro’d parts, there is a definite coating over everything sealing it. This doesn’t look as thick.

Haha - I play with everything I take home - so it is scattered throughout the house. Always finding a treasure I forgot about (and having fun throwing something I hadn’t thrown in awhile). I do have a lot of Dark Magics but they are mostly stored, etc. For awhile was trying to keep one of every color! But I’m definitely missing some of the hydro dipped versions, etc. :blush:

3 Likes

The hydro dip was not super durable - if you walked the dog on the ground it would wear off pretty fast. It definitely stuck much better to the plastic than it did to the metal.

3 Likes

I had one of these years ago and can confirm it chips off the metal mega easily

Better question is when can these get re-released @AndreBoulay? :wink:

3 Likes

The real question is WHERE IS THE DARK MAGIC III?

4 Likes

Asking the tough questions right here.

I WANT IT NOW ANDRE

Forget the Shutter, I WANT MY DARK MAGIC III

3 Likes

Since YYJ is out of business, the question may be moot.

1 Like

I have the trademark for Dark Magic. :wink:

8 Likes

2 Likes

Confirmed that the Ti Dark Magic 3: Graphite Edition GT SE Ultra Pro is releasing soon?!

4 Likes

This sounds like the latest title for “that other thread.”

2 Likes