Really frustrated with a stand up community member.

To all those that have asked for me to put his name out here in the open, I will for sure if I don’t get a response by tomorrow. I just sent a message to his company so feel that it will be read by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. I am not one to judge until I know for sure what the circumstances are. I do think the lack of updates is very sad business practices but that in itself isn’t worth potentially hurting his business. If there is a honest explanation then ill get over it once have the throws or refund.

I’ve been put in a bad rep situation on a classified site before and it was totally out of my control. Long story short. I sold a projection screen that had to be shipped. Just the packaging time and money alone made it a lose lose situation for me as I could have donated it to a school or church. That’s why the ad said for local pickup but a fellow home theater hobbyist couldn’t afford to buy a new screen of its quality. Well two days after I received the check I had emergency appendectomy surgery so there was no way I was going to get the screen packaged up and sent out until I was physically able to do so. I did update him daily but he for sure thought I was scamming him. I lost money on it after shipping and packaging but the buyer was relieved and impressed after realizing there was 5 plus hours of packaging while on hands and knees involved to ensure it was FedEx/ups damage proof all while sweating from the pain I was in during the process

So having been in that situation I look at it differently than most although a a smart phone now days eliminates the excuse of not being informed with constant updates.

To further the point - by not naming the seller, you’re leaving people to speculate. That will only lead to bad things, like rumors. And more speculation.

Either name a name or request a lock on this, thus far, unproductive conversation.

I’m not sure if he’s ignoring me is the reason I haven’t pointed him out just yet. I haven’t inquired/sent message or anything since the last response I got from him. I figured once Xmas was over he wouldn’t be so busy that making or installing the spacers would cut into the overwhelming sales season is all.

The yoze are limited/collectors so really do want them as well. I know that’s no excuse for non communication and that blame is totally on me. A few days before the PayPal deadline I literally logged in and started the process but stopped just because how bad I wanted the throws. Again dumb on my part if I end up empty handed and out $950 at the same time.

Kyo. Is the seller. Yoyos were his 3 titaniums. Just got response from his store email saying he sent the around christmas. Said he shipped with insurance and would find out what’s going on.

So… Not ignoring me (like a kind of expected) and reason I wanted to give him a chance to respond.

Who knows where this will go now. Prolly not going to get the three yos I wanted so badly but if insured its on him at this point. I’m sure there is a period of time a claim has to be reported but since never sent me a tracking or message saying were on way then I had no reason to be expecting them.

Why did I know you were going to say that? Kyle Weems. <> I knew exactly who you were talking about when I hinted about ‘who still uses spacers in expensive yoyos, etc’, lol.

I think Kyle is the Head Professor at Alex Kim’s How to be a Tool Academy.

I would not believe Kyle if he was: in Court, under Oath, sitting on a stack of Bibles, wired up to a lie detector tester and Jesus was in the front row of the courtroom, wearing a Lying is a sin t-shirt.

Kyle sent the yoyos ‘around Christmas time’? <> Insured. Good new, then>>>>> insured receipts have Tracking numbers on them.

Kyle takes pictures and knows how to post em and send them, as well as anybody on Earth.

Kyle should be reading this as soon as I finish typing and posting it to the board.

Kyle should take a pic of the receipt and send it to you, immediately!

You don’t tell somebody you took a $1000 bucks from, ‘around’ when you sent something. That is Totally ridiculous.

If you send somebody such an expensive package, you would Immediately get in touch with them, to give them tracking info and a heads up to be on Mail Watch. <Nothing less.

Anything less, is worth Zero on the excuse Ladder.

Kyle blows more Smokescreens than a rubber fire.

You couldn’t get a Straight answer out of Kyle if you ironed his tongue and had him eat a box of Rulers.

Remember that old Indian line, ‘White man speaks with forked tongue’?

We have a Bingo!

I have no doubt Kyle was ‘thee’ role model for guys like Alex Kim.

Why didn’t you just say his name in the first place and save my lecture/responses?

If Kyle was bi-polar, his right hand would steal money out of his left pocket.

He has more Tales than a school of tuna fish.
if he was wooden like Pinnochio, he could shoot pool with his nose.

Kyle is one of the Smartest guys I have ever met in Yoing. Seriously, the guy is Smart and talented.
We have both been around yoyos for many years.

But that being said, Kyle has ‘seemingly’ had more packages get mysteriously ‘lost’ than anybody else I am aware of.

And his story always remains the same. 'I sent them out. Uh, I sent them out a few weeks ago. I just haven’t had time to get back at you to let you know. But I sent them insured, so no worries. I don’t remember exactly what day I sent the package? And I can’t find the Postal Insurance receipt.
…But the yo-package is in the mail.

Forget the Insurance part. <> Kyle has your money. The Sender has to initiate tracking a package. Not the buyer, the Seller(Kyle).

If he actually did send a package, then Kyle should open the Tracker on the yoyos. Until they get to you, they are still his and your money may be in his possession, but it is still your money. Your $950 was for his yoyos, not his lost package. If the package is lost, you should get your entire $950 back, immediately.

And Kyle can place his Claim and collect the insurance( which should cover his wholesale costs).

…it’s in the Mail. <>sure it is…

But wait, there’s more>>

Since I just got done beating Kyle with a keyboard Hammer, it is only fair for some of the newer Forum viewers to know some good stuff about Kyle Weems.

… He has been modding and making yoyos for years.

…Kyle pretty much knows every aspect of Yoyo design and Yoyo making.

…Kyle can do Photoshop and CAD renderings in his sleep.

…Kyle knows as much about Titanium than anybody else in Yoyoland.

…Kyle has helped judge the World Yoyo Contest Modded Yoyo Division for years.

…Kyle has very good Yoyo trick skills.

…Kyle has given many lectures on making and modding yoyos.

…Kyle is very articulate, he has Skills outside of yoyos and can hold his own in just about any conversation.

…Kyle will go out of his way to help people with Yoyo modding/making problems.

^^ Unfortunately, nothing I said a above will do a thing to get Midlifeyoyoman any satisfaction.

Only Kyle can get this Bring this story to a Happy ending.

Lol. Not trying to come across as gawlee but wasn’t going to positively accuse anyone until I either got a response or was ignored. The response pretty much spoke for itself. No tracking number but says mailed them equals lying until proves otherwise. Just sucks that even have to deal with such nonsense really. Makes me wonder how cheap skin costs now days cause their seems to be a lot of wasted skin floating around.

Oh, Kyo. Like someone else once said, I think he’s allergic to the post office. He’s not very reliable when it comes to shipping, but he will eventually get you the throws, be it 2, 3, or even 10 years lmao. Best to just get your refund. Ask oldledges or MiamiBuddha on here to contact Kyo. They know him pretty well.

Can someone give me any info as to where Kyo lives, address, city, state, etc… I am waiting to hear what he says tomorrow once he can go to post office then will start seeking avenues to get my money refunded if he doesn’t voluntarily do it.

Thanks.

This has really started to tick me off to the point of selling all of my throws but a couple and staying away from here. Sad but true as I’m a regular on many other hobby forums and have never been through anything remotely close to this with a vendor/manufacturer, not even a regular fellow hobbiest even. I would have been a more careful if he wasnt a manufacturer.

And to top that off I was given Kyo’s name by another forum member since was in search of titaniums. Not their fault but still.

I’m afraid I can’t help as to his location. I do though want to point out that tomorrow (Monday) is Martin Luther King day. Post offices are closed.

I really hope this is resolved soon. I’d be (and I assume you are) pissed.

Well dang. One more day of waiting.

Honestly I really don’t know/care. Either would do at this point. I’m just waiting to see what he has to say about his trip to the post office. No matter what he has to say I’ll be able to move forward. If he doesn’t provide tracking, claim reciept, or refund then finding his address will be next then report to BBB.

I understand but there are only so many things a person can do from 700 miles away. He does actually have a store so better than nothing. I haven’t attempted to find his address yet as I was hoping someone would provide that. A civil suit is basically $150 plus paying an attorney to show on my behalf for 30 minutes. Then I’d have to pay for original consult via phone, Skype, etc… So Kyo would be judged for my expenses but I’d still have to pay them initially.

I’ve been in the courtroom more than the average bear considering I’m not an attorney. I’m in real estate and have had to take many people to court for lack of rent payments. So I know the system pretty well.

I see that you did name the culprit so I modify my original post. Kyo is notoriously slow in shipping but I contacted him on your behalf (a lot of good it may do) and he told me he had shipped quite some time ago. So it is time to start a postal investigation into the mater and hope that Kyo mailed with insurance. It is my understanding that you both have to be involved but it starts at his end with proof of mailing. If he has no proof that he mailed it and no insurance then he should eat it. Unless you two both agreed not to insure it in which case it is my opinion that you both should split the loss. If that’s the case I guess he would owe you $425.

So I was alerted of this thread a few minutes ago… it’s interesting to say the least.

I’d like to clear a few things up.

One of the yo-yos he bought required new parts to be made for it. He knew this up front. It did take quite a bit more work than I expected, but it got done. The yo-yos were shipped just before christmas.

I heard -nothing- until saturday around midnight when I got an email. I got NO PM of any kind. In fact, I have not had a PM from Midlifeyoyoman since november… not even a reply to the shipping timeline I had given him based on the work that had to be done. Zip, nada. If they were sent, they were not delivered, and yoyoexpert should look into this. I never delete PMs, my inbox has 14 pages of them… the last from him is Nov 14.

I got an email saturday around midnight… I responded to it within 10ish minutes.

Now, holiday weekend and all there wasn’t much I could do. Since this was a month ago, I’m not entirely sure where the tracking/insurance information is… but I have it here somewhere. Tomorrow, when I can actually DO something, I’ll find it and get in touch with the post office.

Either a) I’ll figure out where it is and make sure it gets to him, b) refund his money, or c) replace the product lost. If the post office says it’s lost, I’ll give him option b or c immediately… if it’s located obviously that resolves itself.

NEVER have I EVER ripped off ANYBODY. PERIOD. I’ve been around this community for 16 years, I’ve never scammed anybody in any way.

I’ve absolutely been slow shipping things in the past, finishing mods, etc… sometimes very, very much so… but I’ve ALWAYS delivered, EVERY TIME.

For all the yammering going on in this thread, I’m surprised it took until now for me to actually know about it… I don’t read the boards very often these days.

Kyle

I think this bears repeating.

Kyo, first I posted about how you told me you would have to make the spacers and you broke one trying to put in into the throw so no need to defend yourself there.

BUT, that’s not the whole truth. I told you to send me an invoice once you had them completed and here is what you sent me on Oct 8th

I should have all this finished up for you today or tomorrow.
You can send paypal to k2kyo1@gmail.com
If you need to split up the payments do whatever, as long as it all adds up it’s fine

Kyle

After ten days I got this Oct 18th

Hey, sorry for disappearing for a few days, kinda got slammed with work.

I did the spacers for the TiPhiter but as I was going to press one of them in, it slipped sideways and I didn’t realize it… so as a result the spacer was totally destroyed by the press (I use a rather strong arbor press to insert them into the body).

The yoyo is totally unharmed, just need to find another couple hours to make a new spacer.
Very sorry for the delay, shouldn’t take me more than a day or two to find time for it again.

After inquiring again…Oct 29th I got this response

Hey, sorry for going missing again… it’s like every important thing I do blew up at once lately.

I should have your yoyos ready to go tomorrow, very sorry about the delay. I did put the word out on some of the titaniums you are looking for, hopefully somebody I know has a spare.

Kyle

Then Nov 10th I got this and note I responded to ship what he had.

update:

So I’ve had all sorts of problems getting the spacers right… I’m right in the middle of my busiest time of year for work now, so I’ve given up on doing it myself.

I just placed an order with the shop that originally made the spacers. This will ensure that you get the highest quality parts, and that you don’t have to wait on me to find more free time.

I can either ship the two yoyos now and the 3rd when it’s finished, or wait for the parts to come in and ship everything together, whatever you’d prefer.

Kyle

That was the last pm I got and then sent him one which he claims he didnt get the same time I started this thread.

I’ve never bought “anything” from a forum member of any forum that didnt send a message atleast informing me of items being shipped so if that’s your practice then you need to rethink how you conduct business. What if someone had a dog that liked to destroy every package that is left on the porch (I know two individuals that do).

I can’t say why you didnt get my pm on here as they don’t stay in one’s outbox unless one forces them to.

If the yoyos are actually setting in a post office somewhere then I will gladly apologize for even making this thread. But its kinda weird how you haven’t even managed to look for the tracking info for a $950 transaction gone bad. I’m gonna leave it at that for now.

As far as what I would like…

I would like what I paid for or my money back. I bought all these in a package deal to have ALL of them not two of the three. If you can’t afford to give me a total refund then a FedEx overnight with the two you can stand to part with will have to do along with $450 refund and I will post them on BST and cut my loses.

And Kyo what shipping timeline are you referring to? I had each pm listed above and none are dated anywhere near Xmas so have no idea…should I have been looking in the mail from Oct 8th until today EXPECTING them to magically appear?

I can explain as he gave me different options in an email.

He has all three yoyos but doesn’t want to get rid of his one and only ti1 which is sentimental and I understand. So he gave me the option of sending two of the three if are lost and refund for the ti1 ($450)

He also gave me the option of total refund but mentioned it would be a strain or something of the sorts.

I want it handled tomorrow so if he actually doesn’t have the total $950 and has to send the two FedEx next day like he stated in the email then that will have to do.

In the end I chose an option that will end this tomorrow if he can’t prove the package is located at a post office.

I’m not entirely sure why the hell he posted here instead of simply responding to the very polite email I sent him… but sure, let’s do it here since that seems to be your preference.

This is what was sent in an email after I wrote that post here…

"Alex,

I’m a bit confused.

I seriously heard nothing from you until that email that I replied to. When did you try to contact me? how? If you used the PM system, something is seriously wrong on yye. If you used my email system on the site, I need to check into it.

I’ve been doing this 16 years, in that time I’ve never once screwed anybody… rest assured we WILL resolve this one way or another.

I haven’t really looked for any of the tracking info yet, busy weekend and I couldn’t do anything with it anyway until tomorrow. I’ll dig into it and find out what is going on.

If it turns out the package can be located, I’ll do whatever I need to do to get it to you… I’ve had quite a bit of experience with the insane postal system. Over the last 13ish years I’ve been manufacturing yo-yos, I’ve lost somewhere in the neighborhood of $20-25,000 in product. The post office we had when I lived in florida was horrendous and they’re responsible for probably 99% of that. This is the first issue I’ve had here.

If it can’t, that’s obviously a problem.

A) I can immediately ship out a tiphiter 2 and tirade to you, overnight via FedEx, plus $450 for the missing Tiphiter 1 (I feel like it is more valuable than the others). I have another ti1 (I did it the same time as yours) but it’s literally the only one I have, I don’t want to part with it.

B) I can refund everything. Obviously my least favorite option as it’d hurt a bit at the moment, but obviously I owe you either yo-yos or money.

Since it came up in the thread about where I live…

[address omitted, not putting that up in a public forum]

I’m not hiding.

(um… also not looking for crazy people, so please don’t post that publicly :wink: ) [referring to my address]

Sorry that all this went down this way.

Kyle"

I’m sure what else I should have done there?

I quite clearly am offering to do whatever you want here, what else am I supposed to do?

I should have notified you when I shipped out your stuff, and for that I certainly apologize. Normally yes, I would have sent an email/pm/etc about it… for whatever reason I didn’t this time, my mistake.

Kyle

I did choose.

He said if my package is missing/lost he could do a or b but was hesitant with total refund by stating what he would least rather do.

So I chose to get it resolved tomorrow no matter what it is.

A total refund tomorrow will be satisfying.

A tracking number for two yoyos next day and a $450 refund would be satisfying.

Point is I don’t care and am making all of this public is why I posted here instead of emailing. No saying it wasn’t recieved this way.

Kyo? Tracking #? Post office says what?