Razor scooters making a yoyo?!?

Yeah, let’s keep it all to ourselves! To he** with the other companies, and millions of children trying to have fun. YoYoing is ours!

But seriously, what the heck? Why are the vast majority of you guys that selfish that you don’t want yoyoing to expand? Sure, you don’t have to buy the products, but you’re going to neglect the people that want to start? Just two days ago, someone came to me, and said are you the yoyo kid? I said yes, and he told me he throws a little too. After talking a little while, he stated his yoyo wasn’t too good, so you know what I did? I gave him my extra Projam as well as 10 strings.

Razor wants to SUPPORT the yoyoing community, and wants to see it grow larger. But apparently most of you don’t care much for the community so much as how you feel in relation to it. You guys are always saying how much you love ed, but why don’t you actually follow him? I quote him: “all companies “deserve” fanboys. but the community deserves more.” But all of you who actually don’t really care to read what he says go along mindlessly agreeing with him. Kinda like an e-fad, huh?

~Samad

2 Likes

I agree with this. The reason YYF and CLWY wouldn’t do this is because they don’t mass produce their products. This is more true with CLYW as YYF is starting to mass produce the 888x in china. This just goes to show that the mass produced yoyos end up on the bottom and the rare CLYW and YYF gems make it to the top. This is good for the yoyoing industry though. Some kid will pick up a razor yoyo, get decent and then buy something like an 888.

agreed 100%

You may not have a Brain (no pun intended) or want one, but what do you think most beginners use? Yeah, that’s right.

I disagree 100%, sure World’s 2007 was not good for Al Amaral (SP? does anyone really care if I screwed his name up? ;)) and his company, and sadly THP got a bad rep for it as well. Anyhow Raiders are really good loopers if tweaked properly. The clutch system which we all know is Yomega’s trademark is not anything to jump at, but they aren’t designed for use by most players here, that isn’t to say that they don’t have their place. Just making a point. That is all.

and…

Ed, well put.

Samad, you have the right idea. And Razor is not going tobe the the Nexy Yomega they are going to be Razor. And Yomega is a great company, how about you people bagging on them go try a Maverick or a Dash they are excellent advanced toexpert yoyos. Noel play mine at the meetings and love it. You are more worried about what happened at Worlds that what the yo-yos play like. I recommend the Maverick to everyone. It is the BEST metal yoyo for 30 dollars. and take Samad for example. He gave a yoyo and string to someone who didn’t have the Best yoyo and that kid could become the next World Champion because of Samad’s kindness.

Ed, you make me feel bad about the fact that I actually want to buy a Zombie… Not because I think it’ll be a good yoyo in the least, But because I am a HUGE horror fan and have to own pretty much anything that is even loosely tied to zombies… Including my Zombie Gauges.

p.s. My ears aren’t gauged… Not yet anyway ;D

why hasn’t yyj been selling their $15 plastics to wal mart, toy r us, etc? there great cheap throws that grow with the players skill and are very easy to mod maintain

i want the boom to happen, only the people who truly enjoy throwing will stay with it, i want other throwers in my city, i’m so lonely :smiley:

Me too I want more yoyoing friends around I like 3 miles outa a one stop light town in the middle of indiana. no other yoyoers but me for probably 60 70 miles.:frowning: And also we dont actually know how this yoyo is gonna play. To me it seems as though we are already ragging on something that 99 percent of the people in this forum havnt even used. Give it a chance. And if its crap then condemn it.

I HAVE THROWN ONE!!!

yes at socal 2010 there was a guy from Razor and he saw me and asked my if i wanted to try this yoyo. i didn’t know it was a razor. it played well. the string was long but that had nothing to do with the yoyo. he told me it was a prototype from a company. he told me to guess. i guessed yyf because it had an extended axle like it would have hubstacks (modable), then a yyj because they also had plenty of experience in the yoyo comunity and it looked factory made. when he said Razor i was like :o :smiley: ;D .

it was awesome for a company who has never done yoyos before. then he told me that he used to yoyo and he was the head designer. then he did some epic spin top stuff and that was it.

but it was red, V shaped, and pretty smooth and grinded well.

first of all dipwad duncan yoyo are the best [and i’m a master] sorry about the dipwad thing my sister got on my nerves anywho try the duncan screaming eagle line [THEY ARE HIGH END DUDE] they play like a prfessinal yoyo is supposed to [sorry about my spelling] hey the price says it all one of them is 100.00 dollars one of them is 84.00 one of them is 80 somthin $ but they are awsome

…I don’t have a clue what the heck you are talking about…

Disagreed 100%. Selling us crap that we don’t want? Tell that to the pros who use Raiders…one of the most used 2A yoyos ever. And have you played a Ooch-yo? It’s the one of the cheapest metals out there and it plays awesome. From what I can tell you just want to get a lot of thank yous and get people to agree with you…

Agreed! The new Ooch Yo is SICK!!! Yomega has done some crapy things in the past, lets leave it there.

The 07’ worlds incident made me mad. So stupid that they would do that. I don’t forgive them , but I like their yoyos still.

What happened?

Out of all the people. I thought you would know!
Ok so long story short.
Yomega didn’t choose to sponser the event,
But they sold yoyos there.

which is retarted if you thin k about it.

you guys are funny. i think what i was suggesting is that we, as yo-yoers, use our heads and support the forces that have supported us. razor/small minds has not done that. in the past, they cashed in and bailed. perhaps this time, they’ll bring some real quality to market. maybe they’ll sponsor events and make a commitment to yo-yoing. putting hundreds of thousands of crappy yo-yo’s in the hands of new players is NOT the kind of sustainable growth that yo-yoing wants or deserves. and a company using its corporate leverage to make huge profits in doing so does NOT constitute ‘supporting the community’.

i’m not hating on razor. i would LOVE for them to really commit to yo-yoing and support it over the long haul. from my perspective, it would not appear to be their intention, but who knows. i’m not against new companies breathing life into yo-yoing - that’s what we want. whether or not that’s this one company’s goal has yet to be seen.

if there IS going to be a boom, or a swell, or a whatever… then yo-yoers will need to ‘vote with their wallets’. they’ll need to decide which companies are using yo-yoing’s flashpoint of popularity to get rich, and which are truly committed to making it better. watch razor. watch peterfish. watch any and all of the companies that pop up over the next few months. do they sponsor events? do they bring consistent quality to the market? do they have good customer service? are they directed by people who know yo-yoing and care about yo-yoing?

some of you haven’t been around yo-yoing very long and, seeing a $15 metal yo-yo you might think ‘whoa! what a great company! i want a metal!’ but if you give any kind of crap about yo-yoing, you want the companies who work to support it to succeed. keep in mind that the dollars that you commit to a company that is not likely to put said money back into yo-yoing takes away the same amount from the companies that do. i’m not telling you to go break your razor scooters on the pavement or to trash-talk joey vitalari. i’m telling you to watch, be aware, and recognize that your support - your voice - carries weight.

5 Likes

If I have my story straight, They apparently did not sponsor 07 worlds and there for were not allowed to set up a booth and sell their products. Instead they decided to sell their products out of their hotel room (Or something like that). Now I may not have my story exactly straight, But that’s my understanding of it.

I for one think that they have learned their lesson and that we should give them another shot… I know I have.
I mean, we all do stupid stuff from time to time don’t we?

a master huh? just cuz you finished master section doesnt classify you as one haha. but then perhaps you are I have no idea.