A New Yoyo In The Making

Howdy everyone! I have a question for anyone who would like to answer. i am in the process of getting a patent for a new yoyo. i just wanted to know if anybody would be interested in a one that can preform tricks both like a yoyo, and a spin top (if they decide to use it for 4A.) it will also have attachments to have personalized response system, shape, weight, gap with and something like a hubstack (but a little better) :o. It would also have more gyroscopic stability! Just wanted to know peoples thoughts or suggestions on the subject and if this is something they may like to throw around…
(by the way i don’t want to give out to much info on is seeing as the patent is pending.)

lol. are you hinting or is it a genuine spelling mistake. anyway what is it called? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It definitely sounds like an interesting throw. I’m not too sure how practical the spin top idea is. Have you actually built it?

id buy it

There is no need for posting this twice. Also like I said in the other thread, Its been done years ago and flopped. Not practical, too confining, and it will waste your money.

Dang, Icthus beat me to it. As he said, it’s been done before with little success. If you want to go ahead and try, then go for it, but please don’t clutter up the forum with multiple posts. It will be seen enough if it is only posted once.

it’s called a PGM with top tips. I already got one ;D

http://www.yoyoguy.com/php/gif.php?imagenum=13575&resolution=images_large

its been done before

Not only has it been done before, it’s been patented before… so I’d do some research before spending a bunch of cash on something you can’t patent.

The first yo-yo spintop I recall was the p213 developed by modders like doc pop… then it was commercialized by several different companies like playmaxx with the stunt pilot.

You are also going to have issues with response system patents it sounds like… and possibly with the pending hubstack patent.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and research all of this -very- carefully or you’re just going to get yourself into a lot of trouble.

Kyle

1 Like

Not to mention patents and yoyo’s are not all that enforceable. The cost of suing to protect your idea is not worth it compared to the revenue you may receive. Don’t worry about the patent just make the yoyo. The community will respect an innovator and reward him or her with sales. I am not a fan of yoyo patents and they are easy to get around with a slight change in your design and limit manufactures creative freedom.
I am fairly certain KK’s are patented and now there are center tracks soo you do the math.
Either way good luck

1 Like

thanks for the comments. i looked up the p213 and lucky for me it looks absolutly nothing like the yoyo im working on. and by the way sorry about the multiple posts, those were my 1st ones and didnt know not to do that. :-[ (I dont spend a lot of time on the internet.) Thanks again to everybody who posted a comment. Peace.

oops, didnt catch that. and i dont really have a name for it yet, im just calling it V7.

on an other note dont waste money on a patent to anything resembling a yoyo because you will not be able enforce it … the patent will cost you a ton and will most likely fail in courts … (seen it on a big canadian toy company) … (cant give names)

that would be sick i want 1 i love spintops :slight_smile:

1 Like

IDEA(mabye).
You can have two halves of the yoyo spin tops. You just take it apart, and BAM. Not one, but two spin tops. Have an axle on one, and the bearing on the other to even it out, and make the bottoms of the spintops a little flat, so there can be response.

I like it, I can easily add that on there, thanks!

WEll if you are in the process of patenting this product, do you have any pictures of it? Or even a cad file we can look at? I won’t buy it because its a serious flop but to each their own.

if its a flop, don’t worry about it, go spread your wisdom somewhere else. And yes i would totally put pictures of an un-patented yoyo on like for everyone to see.

well what if you made hubstacks that were like a spin top, or that you could replace a spin top attachment to.

Couldn’t find the top tips, but this is basically the same thing.