A New Yoyo In The Making

I was thinking that it could have two halves spin tops, and you can unscrew each spintop and it would turn into a yoyo.

The weight each half would need to work well seperatly would likely push the weight of the yoyo itself well over the 100 gram mark.

http://www.cyan-sky.com/product/yo2-delta-yoyo-spin-top

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/2562782/300.jpg

Thos yo2 delta things look pretty sweeet

Could you show us a picture of the yoyo so we can get an idea what the yoyo is going to be?

to be honest, it looks like a severely messed up Duncan butterfly. i have just been using that as the base and adding all the guts to it. now all i need to do is talk my dad into letting me to use his lathe to get all the parts the right shape. :-\

I love your entusiasm mate, but I think you are going to have alot more trouble than that.

probably, its a little hard to get all of the bearings to line up.

The level of precision you need to achieve to make a yoyo (especially one as complex as the one you spoke of) is very high.

hay guys, I decided that a good name for this yoyo would be The Unity, or Unified Theory.

Just to let you know, you just completely, 100%-ley, stole my idea, and made it a little shorter, tried to put it in your own words, and flip it, but if you look over it

I was thinking that it could have two halves spin tops, and you can unscrew each spintop and it would turn into a yoyo.
[/quote]
why would you need two?

Actually… I believe it was Mark Allen who did this -exact- thing for the World Yo-Yo Mod Contest this year. It was 2 Duncan Imperial tops made into a yo-yo that could come apart. It worked too… even spun true (if you were very careful with the throw)

Because the tops are relatively light it was totally usable… albeit made from crappy plastic.

As for the ‘hubstack spintop tip’ idea… that’s basically where hubstacks -came- from. Yup, you read that right… the tips came -first-… like -way- first… years before YYF started doing anything. You can see a nice example in Frank Difeo’s ‘Gladiator’ entry to the World Yo-Yo Mod Contest from I believe 2004, but even that wasn’t the first. I believe that was before YYF had ever even made an aluminum yo-yo?

Kyle

1 Like

Stunt pilot?

Stunt Pilot stole the idea from Doc’s p213.

Kyle