Concept for a new yo-yo

I randomly had an idea. Could you have a yoyo thats just one piece of metal and an axle through the center, then put a bearing on each side with smaller steel sides on it? Would use two strings that go on same hand or maybe one on each hand idk this is just a random concept i thought of lol

2 Likes

In theory u could do anything u wanted but Im pretty sure ud want the heaviest parts on the outside. Also string. tricks would be extremely difficult.

No idea not really a yo-yo so make one try it snd start your own vertical. Then be the Duncan of whatever you call it.

Sounds weirdly interesting :thinking: Do you have a sketch of your concept?

The Oy-oy?

2 Likes

This kind of makes me think of double dragon. The main issue is that with each their the strings get twisted.

I suggest checking out double dragon play to see what I mean.

Mike

Please send a sketch, from what I imagine it would look like it wouldnt work very well

1 Like

Im not an artist by any means but something like this.

But i think yeah the steel on the outside parts would have to be big enough to let string wrap

Oh most likely it wouldnt lol

But like thered be interesting slack stuff if it did work

Two strings (on seperate bearings) would probably make it tilt a lot. Maybe build one for fun and see?

Since Double Dragon has been mentioned by @sparhawk I thought I go ahead and post this hilarious introduction video to Double Dragon by Ky Zizan aka ‚The Dragon Master’ here…

8 Likes

If not impossible, since there is no axle to wind up on… :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

I mean i did say thered be steel rims on outside of the bearing…theyd just have to be big enough to wrap the string. And you could technically do a bind on one of the strings and catch the yoyo and have the other string just hanging free

Idk man just throwing it out there in the world lol just a concept

Just make it out of a donut. That way when you’re done playing with it at least you’ve got something to eat.

The skills that some people have seem inhuman to me. :rofl:

2 Likes

I am by no means a technical wizard when it comes to all things yo-yo but this actually seems like it might be an interesting “off string” design.

1 Like