Rank the past 5 world yoyo contests from best to worst and where you think WYYC 2018 will fit

The past five world yoyo contests were all very hype in their own way; each contest has established an important milestone in the evolution of yoyoing. It would be cool to see which one(s) you guys enjoyed the most!

1 Like

From amazing to slightly less amazing:
2015: The first world contest after I became interested in the competition scene. Jake Elliott’s FS was simply legendary, the return of Shinji Saito was hype, and it resulted in my favorite 1a freestyle of all time; Yusuke Otsuka’s final performance. Oh, and Shaqler’s AP performance blew me away.

2016: My first time at a world contest. Being in the audience during Rei’s comeback year was an unforgettable experience.

2017: Solid freestyles in 1a, but a few of my favorite x-div players didn’t show up.

2014: First year of the traveling world contest. I wasn’t that much into competitions at the time, so I don’t remember all the hype.

2013: Same reason as 2014.

3 Likes

I can’t rank them too well but it sounds like Iceland last year was hype.

1 Like

Ranking is tough. Might be better to ask ‘What was your favorite’.

For me Prague was AMAZING! Both the city, contest, and it being the first year it officially moved from Orlando.

And it was a pretty exciting win by Gentry too!

2 Likes