Most memorable Worlds Freestyle?! Scales Giveaway!

Answer this question:

What is the most memorable freestyle you’ve seen from the World Yo-Yo Contest? Post a link to it below!

@Scales will pick one person at random to win a FREE registration to our upcoming SCALES International!

8 Likes

Tie for me between Kentaro Kimura’s 2009 Worlds 3A

And Jensen Kimmitt’s 2010 Worlds 1A

The energy in the crowd for both these freestyles is unreal.

4 Likes

Takahiros freestyle from this year was so mind-blowing and was regarded as one of the best freestyles done in 1a yoyoing for how revolutionary his tricks were for it’s time

3 Likes

Zach world’s 2016… it was my first yoyo contest and my favorite FS of the day. Insane tricks and an amazing song choice. So intense

2 Likes

My first throw was a Duncan and with that, I got really obsessed with attempting to match the wizardry of Team Duncan. I can remember trying (and failing many, many times) the wizardry of Janos Karancz. The rejections and slacks are out of this world. I was only a young grasshopper (pun intended) when this came out, but it motivated me to try harder and riskier tricks. One of the best 1a World Finals I have ever seen!

4 Likes

Its tough to find a spot in this freestyle where the crowd isn’t losing their minds. Also it ended hiroyukis hatrick.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it counts if you weren’t there but…

2 Likes

John Ando 2008 Winning Routine throwing prototype SuperStar and the first time we really saw such integration of body movement concepts with 1A play. It was breathtaking and still holds up! :raised_hands:

9 Likes

I saw it live and I was absolutely blown away from the tricks and the risk. Watching it live really gives me a different feel from watching it online.

3 Likes

Definitely Bergys 2017 2nd place freestyle.
I take a lot of inspiration from Mr Bergen. He deserves a lot more credit for what he’s done for the community.

Hope you like it!:+1:

5 Likes

Jensens 2010’s worlds is really good but my favorite worlds performance is Jensen at worlds 2011. The song, flow, and vibe are really everything I look for in yoyoing.

3 Likes

I’ll just say it was really really hard to pick!

Such a great freestyle. It wasn’t until I rewatched that I even noticed it was all one throw.

1 Like

For me the most memorable ever was Paul Kerbels 2014. I went crazy over that lol

3 Likes

I dont know how this hasn’t been posted yet, but this was THE video that got me into yoyo - https://youtu.be/B5dCqif8RnU

2 Likes

Welcome!! :slight_smile:

JD in 2003

Most memorable to me were Yuuki 07 and John Ando 08 and they were already picked.

This is up there though:

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to think of a more spellbinding routine than Anthony Rojas at Worlds 2015. Those moments of utter silence when he just has the crowd still give me chills.

1 Like

This one is hands down the most memorable for me. This was the freestyle that got me into yoyoing (I believe it popped up on my recommended) It was a freestyle with lots of zoning even to this day. It also brought speed combos into the USA I beleive.

Edit: oh yeah… dont forget 2:55 YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

1 Like

I love all of these freestyles, thank you everyone for posting your favorites!

The first random winner is @00pflint - congrats Patrick! I will be sending you a message over here. Stay tuned for the second question which I’ll be posting soon on here as well.

PS - I’ll be streaming Scales Live tonight at 8PM EDT - tune in on the Scales Youtube channel!

3 Likes