Random Question

I thought I remember reading about a yoyo that took a lot of the attributes from the 888 and the g5 and combined them into one yoyo. I forget what is was. Does this sound at all familiar?

Skyline, size of the 888 and shape of the G5

Yeah… YoYoFactory has the “Red Alert” Line…

It was ment to bring some fresh new unconventional ideas to yoyoing…

It started with the Grind Machine… Think somthing similar to a metal F.A.S.T. 201 (there was a metal version called the fast 301 but thats a different story…)

It had multiple response settings which made it customizable…

Then the Grind Monster came out… Like a reshaped and undersized Grind Machine.

Then the Grind Mutant… Which was a monster of a yoyo… A larger reshaped Grind Machine…Machining problems only led to like 25 being made…

Then the Grind Master, Like a grind Machine but with a finish made for better grinding…

And then!!! THE G5!!! The fith grind yoyo… hence the 5… This was very revolutionary with its extreme H-shape and hubstacks…

Then the Grind mutant two… It was an atempt to improve on the G5 and led the way for the GM2… Similar shape to the GM2 but due to machining errors, not mass produced…

Then the Grind Machine 2. Was like a fixed version of the Grind Mutant 2…

Alot of GM2s were broke and returned, so YYF sent out their next project as replacement…

the 888… One of the most popular yoyos ever…Once again changing up the game with a small rounded yoyo using the famed hubstacks…

Now, I told you all that, to share this… People loved the extreme shapes of the G5, and Grind Machine 2, and they loved the size the 888, so by mixing the best of both worlds and tossing on some hubstacks the Skyline was born…

Little history lesson…

1 Like

how do you know all of that.

Great story
Well told
So, the skyline is the mix of g5, g5+ and the 888, and was released as the project red alert 9th yoyo.
Yes?

May i ask?
What i heard is the grind mutant 2 was a production errors when producting the gm2. Its fun to play but nightmare to produce, so yyf ditch the project to mass product them.
So, after g5, was the 6th yoyo gm2 or grind mutant 2? And which one is the 7th yoyo from project red alert?

I <3 Random info…

1. It came before the GM2… They then changed it up a little, probably making it better to machine…

2. G5 was 5th, then Grind Mutant 2 was 6th, and Grind Machine 2 was 7th, And the 888 was 8th. Im not sure but I think the 9th yoyo wasn’t produced or if it is the Skyline… I dont know…

Im still hoping for a Grind Master 2…

Thanks mitch, now i know that im missinformed.