Random fun-fact thread!

There aren’t any whales in Utah…

In Arizona it’s possible to spend 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.

Ouija boards are mostly looked upon as spirit talking tools, what makes it kinda weird is that Ouija is a registered trademark under Hasbro, as a board game…

My apollogies to Mike Tyson on behalf of Utah Law Makers

Boxing matches that allow biting are not allowed. (Utah state law)

Studies show that the leading cause of death is dying.

More people are killed annually by goat than by a plane crash. (has someone done this one yet)

In Davis California a bridge costing $14000 was built to save toads crossing the road. (In my opinion the stupid thing doesn’t work at all.)

I’m serious about this-

Once in Brazil a town didn’t have enough land to bury the dead in, so the mayor made a law making death illeagal.

http://memegenerator.net/instance/17209091

lol but wow thats a cool fun fact!

did you know bananas peels get the itchiness out of bug bites?

Pennies were made of steel during World War 1 and 2 because copper was needed to make shell casings for bullets.

and if you rub it on your skin it acts as a mosquito repellant! (the bug not the yoyo)

Haha I see what you did there :smiley:

da da da da da da tardigrade

this is my favorite animal

People with blue eyes don’t actually have blue eyes. Their…well, our…eyes appear blue for the same reason the sky appears blue. The air particles between the viewer and the object deflect all other wavelengths, except blue, which is reflected back off the iris and is seen as blue. People with brown, green, or hazel eyes do actually have brown, green, or hazel pigment in their iris.

Although obviously very light, mirrors do have a color. Green.

I always thought this was neat because I’m into it: At the height of spending in Formula 1 racing, circa around 2005, Ferrari fielded 2 cars for a 19 race season. If you were to break down the total cost of their effort that season it would amount to $200,000 per lap.

I read that he ultimately died of hypothermia.

The human body contains enough phosphorous to make about 200 match heads.

Banans and humans share 50% same dna

The olympic gold medal is just 1.34 procent gold

Just north corea and cuba dont segling coka cola

when you type the space bar on your keyboard, odds are 60,000 other people did the exact same thing at the exact same time.