Rally vs. Severe

A few months back, you would always hear of the Severe, definitely a top notch plastic. It was THE plastic to beat. Then OD came out with the Rally. I just had to get it to see what was up, being I LOVE OD. Got it, BLOWN AWAY, just amazing, definitely beats the Severe IMO. Best plastic I’ve ever played.

I just got my Severe a few weeks back, and I love it to death. Extremely fast, smooth on the finger, and stable. I’m even proffering it over some of my metal yoyos now. Personally, I’d say Severe, but the Rally is not very comparable. If you’re looking to compare it to other weight-ringed plastics, I’d compare to a Protostar.

I have a severe and I do have to say its one of the best yoyos I own. It can handle grinds and horizontal easily, the on Lu problem I have is that the binds are very slippy because of the low wall tho

I have a Rally, and I love it. Best plastic I’ve played, but I’ve never thrown a Severe before. In fact, I have not thrown very many plastics at all.

It’s good for grinds, is a bit heavier for a plastic throw, and has good spin times because of the metal weight rings. But it’s not all that great for horizontal. But it’s still a whole lot of fun!

Alright. So, the rally is obviously heavier and a has a awesome color scheme. However, I used Kitty string on the one I used at the club and it started to run thin after 5 minutes of play

The Severe is very light, but is a awesome throw, pretty great for grinds, Delrin, center-trac bearing. The color isn’t as cool as the Rally, as it only comes in black and white, but is very nice looking. Quite shiny, and plays heavy.

They’re both very smooth playing and Feel heavy. Both are great, but the Severe is wider and plays a lot better!

Hmmmm, now that you say that, I may have to get my hands on one of these…

But first I need a Hatchet, OneDrop Benchmark H, and an Octave.

1 Like