Rain city skills dumpster fire 2020

It’s everything I hoped it would be…
After the 5th try I’m successfully binding it.
It is a thumb grind beast.
Also what I’m going to officially coin now as string grinds.

9 Likes

Also @MrYoyoThrower eats a lot of frozen pizza and candy. I know because I dug through his garbage.

6 Likes

Is the bearing really filled with all kinds of nonsense like he made in that video?

4 Likes

Yes it was… I spent a good 5 minutes cleaning the olive oil and coffee grounds out of the bearing seats before replacing the bearing with the new one provided.

4 Likes

Ridiculous.

A shame you can’t cleanse the design.

2 Likes

I’m sure he has a sledgehammer…

2 Likes

Ouch… Everything doesn’t have to be so serious. It’s fun, and isn’t that what is all supposed to be about.

8 Likes

I was joking! I’d love to try that thing but it’s too expensive for me. If it turns out to be a fun throw for people I’m glad for them.

1 Like

@ChrisFrancz , your awesome!

This is a joke, right??? :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

When referring to any other yoyo, I’d agree.

According to the design brief for this yoyo, that isn’t the case.

1 Like

It’s a collectors piece and a bit of a cheeky joke. I preordered one because I think the idea was hilarious and I will enjoy having it as part of my collection. This isn’t the yoyo you buy if you are looking for a player. This is a yoyo you buy to own a yoyo that symbolizes how challenging this year has been and because you know RCS is a little quirky and puts together a fun experience.

The salt about it is kind of weird honestly. If you actually understand what Jeremy was going for I’d say he nailed it. It’s funny and fun

10 Likes

The perfect yoyo doesn’t exi—

3 Likes

Looks really awesome ! Always loved onedrop

:rofl::rofl: I have such a love hate relationship with the dumpster fire. It kinda goes like this, I play some yoyo and think “meh, not doing it for me”. Play the dumpster fire, put it down when I want to throw it against the wall, which can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes depending on my current state of zen. Pick up the previous yoyo, “OMG :heart: I love this yoyo.”

14 Likes

Exactly as planned!

2 Likes

Lol, when you are at rock bottom, there’s only one place to go?
I’m planning on selling the b-grades for $10 more on principle. I figure it you were nuts enough to want one of these in the first place, you are willing to shell out for it :wink:

10 Likes

I try to please!

Hey, truth in advertising. I tried really hard with this release to make sure that I set expectations low. And met them.

3 Likes

I think the confusion here is that, while playing with the yoyo will be challenging and not necessarily fun for everyone, the existence of the yoyo in all it’s horriificable glory IS the fun. It’s the yoyo equivalent of Sharknado. You know it’s going to be terrible, but it’s going to entertain if you are the type to reply “hell yes” to the statement “dude, this tastes aweful, you’ve gotta try it”

17 Likes