Quietest yo-yos?

Good luck they’re great throws!

I’m gonna chime in and say that in my experience, this is more or less 95% in the bearing your yoyo has. Some yoyos ring more than others (the OD Gauntled rings just by lighly touching it while spinning, while things like the N8 have no ring at all), but at the end the loudest noise a spinning yoyo makes is the rattle of the bearing being mechanically amplified by the aluminum halves. So any yoyo can be relatively very quiet by putting a quiet bearing on it. As others have said, the quietest bearing i’ve experienced it a properly lubed OD 10Ball.

5 Likes

not just the 2018eH…they are all churchmice when the pastor’s cat is wandering around quiet.

My MMC is the loudest yoyo I own and is one of the reasons I don’t particularly enjoy playing mine

1 Like

Reviving this post to try and get some more recent suggestions… my most quiet throw is the Recess Komodo with a Buddha Double Double bearing. When properly lubed, i can barely tell it’s spinning.

Anyone got any similar throws? My family would appreciate it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My quietest throw right now at the moment is my Yoyofriends hummingbird and to be honest I don’t even hear it hum ( get it :smirk:) even at semi-high speeds cause it’s that quiet !!! And it doesn’t even vibe that much either so I can’t even feel it to :grin:

3 Likes

Learn to clean and lube so you can live free of loud bearings. I’m OK with the slight performance hit from slower spin, and it acts snaggier but it just reminds me to stop being sloppy.

For reference, my quietest yoyo is the rain city skills Author. I genuinely cant tell its spinning without looking at it. Might have something to do with its extreme light weight for an aluminum yoyo.

2 Likes

My d bearing mod44 is practically silent. I dunno if they lube the bearings during the production process or what but I was surprised.

1 Like

The Shawn exploder! It’s sounds soo good

3 Likes

Where’s the quiet part?

5 Likes

My Came-Yo Mondial from 1998 is my quietest yo-yo. It’s magnificent. They must have used quality ball bearings. Maybe the rubber outer rings help dampen the sound too, I’m not sure. But it’s essentially silent.

Such an under-rated and forgotten yo-yo. I replaced the O rings on mine with ones made from fluoridated rubber(Viton polymer) which increased the rim weight by a few grams, and made it my favorite yo-yo of all time.(I also then took the original O rings and stuffed them inside the outer rims for even more weight). I Sort of want a lifetime supply of them. With a thicker modern string, they play bouncy and responsive and amazing, yet with the ratchet gap width adjustment you can also make them semi-unresponsive.

7 Likes

It is quiet it’s just really close to the mic

1 Like

Those yellow inner rings almost match the color of the water in the toilet🙈

Well, it’s not like a pregame photo shoot right before the start of a bobbing for apples contest.

Considering the whole world is going down the toilet, one more flush is not going to save us.

5 Likes

If it’s pee, let it be. If it’s brown, flush it down.

3 Likes

Daydream by YYF was the loudest yoyo I’ve ever thrown. The equivalent of squeaking shoes for a toddler so you know where they are when they run away.

2 Likes

Loudest for me was this Superyo, parents constantly told me to STFU with that yoyoing when I used it.

Quietest is basically any fixed axle.

vintage-superyo-sonic-spin-ssii-ball_1_f6c8a6d3f90dce44d51d505c9fe06245

2 Likes

Yeah as soon as I posted these pics I was like… damn there is a toilet in the picture lol. It’s becuase my bathroom offered the best lighting

2 Likes

My shooting star is stupid quiet!

2 Likes

Hey thanks for reviving interest in my topic @Shapapy ! Here’s to you :shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face::no_mouth::mute::no_bell:

2 Likes

Since people are bringing up their loudest yoyos, I have to mention the Basecamp Sherpa. With a quiet bearing, there’s a pleasant hum to it… when that bearing goes rogue, your ears will bleed.

2 Likes