Quietest yoyo?

What is the most quiet unresponsive yoyo that is a relatively decent throw *for 1a?

I’m definitely not asking because I need a more discreet yoyo to throw while I’m in the office. :grimacing:

5 Likes

I used C3 Laevatein for 3A and they spin pretty quiet.

But when they collide it’s a whole other story

3 Likes

Every single one of my One Drops are almost dead quiet with a little lube, sometimes I can’t even tell if my Top Deck is spinning. A lot of that probably has to do with the OD flat bearings being amazing, maybe the pyramatte finish too but idk.

6 Likes

this isn’t a yoyo issue necessarily, it’s more of a bearing issue. some bearings spin more smooth than others and cause less friction noises. in my experience though, all my one drop yo-yos have been incredibly silent, and my only non onedrop silent yoyo is my cyber crash 2 since i got lucky with a godsent bearing and my gulch since i perfectly lubed it

4 Likes

This thread might help

Personally all my yoyo friends yo-yos are quite especially my tiny

2 Likes

Here’s an older post on this topic that I was very interested in…

My quietest are mostly One Drop yoyos. It’s kind of toss up depending on the bearing. A well-maintained, lightly lubed OD bearing can quiet down just about any throw, but you have to be okay with using flat bearings. NSK bearings are also supremely quiet, even when run dry.

Out of my non-OD’s, the Recess Komodo is the quietest, I think because it’s so dense and the blast kinda muffles it too.

2 Likes

can confirm, got a purple top deck from a trade and it’s insanely quiet. amazing all around yoyo

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! I’ll look into some ODs or lube and check out those other threads.

1 Like

The rim weight they were able to pull off is kinda crazy. If you’ve never seen G2 Jake’s vids on YT where he cuts a yo-yo in half, watch the Top Deck episode!

2 Likes

One Drop V4M is the best lube in my humble opinion. Get a bottle of that and it’ll last a lifetime

3 Likes

If anything you might find what to steer clear of in the loudest threads

Thin lube and you’re good it’s the lube that really quiets them down. You might have to deal with a bit of responsiveness for a sec but then whatever Yoyo will be quiet. Except some hybrids can be loud anyways and same thing with plastics.

1 Like

This is why I play fixie/responsive as much as unresponsive. They play way quieter as I usually don’t like lube on my unresponsives.

1 Like

Use lube or order an NSK bearing.

3 Likes

Orbital gtx is the quietest yoyo I have tried

1 Like

If you have a problem with people not liking the yo-yo, maybe try blasting out some Hungarian Throat Singing full blast and say this is your new hobby…
When you pull out a yo-yo instead of blasting that ear deafening noise they will love the yo-yo.

To answer the question seriously, my quietest yo-yo to date was the PDX-yo Batsquatch… don’t know if you can find the bearings that they were using but it was dead silent. I could throw in the same room as the good lady and she would watch TV without “that” look of “move now or I’ll destroy you” :joy:

1 Like

My Bi-metal is my quietest yoyo, it still makes noise but not alot.

1 Like

I was going to say I think my Dove is the quietest of my very small collection, so I guess that jives with your comment.

1 Like

My TP Palp ES looks and sounds the same when it’s spinning vs. when it’s dead

1 Like

Duncan Exit8 bimetal was my quietest; plastic YYF Grind Machine w/ hubstacks was my loudest. My collection is minuscule compared to many though.

1 Like