Quietest yoyo you have and loudest

Yo,

So I remember a post about loudest yoyo and there where some interesting responses. Honestly for me my nine dragons followed by any of my yyf hubstack yo-yos. (444,888, grind machine) and then my hybrids like my iceberg or overthrow. Honorable mentions to my Luftverk throws which had loud bearings. Bearing doesn’t matter yoyo just noisy for the rest interesting that the noisy yo-yos are mostly yyf.

However more important than what’s the loudest. What’s your quietest yoyo. The one you Pull out and no one knows your even playing if they don’t see you.

For me it’s my tiny it’s absolutely silent and I love it for that, other youos I lean toward for quite yoyo sessions are things like my kc west coast or my spyglass. There are probably others but I would have to swap the bearing.

what’s your quiet throw?

-Yo

Ohh good the post this spawned from: thanks @Benthrowsyoyo

8 Likes

Mine seem to alternate a lot from bearings becoming louder but if I had to choose one I’d say my recognition is usually the most quiet. Loudest I’d say probably my first base.

3 Likes

My loudest is my raw showpony, The shape and lack of ano lets it sing if the string gets anywhere near a wall.

My quietest (if we’re talking bearing throws) is my YYR Futura, a drop of lube in the bearing and you can’t even tell it’s spinning.

2 Likes

loudest is my 888 with a flat bearing & hubstacks. quietest is the same 888 with a nice bearing & no hubstacks :rofl:

5 Likes

My One Drops are all super quiet because I use their flat bearings in most of them and keep the bearings well maintained and lightly lubed. If I had to pick; I’d go with the Rev 1. It seems to muffle the sound a little more than the others and can barely be heard at all with the right bearing in it.

My loudest is the OPYoyos Peach. It’s got big thin cups that amplify the sound. I use a Platinum DS in it and that seems to quiet it down more than other bearings I’ve tried. Still, not that loud compared to some others I’ve had (looking at you, Sherpa!)

4 Likes

The Sonic Spin 2 is a screamer

1 Like

Hey loudest yoyo was my post!

How loud my yoyos get have to do with bearings consistently. All of my non-hybrid yos play the same in terms of volume when I have a good bearing plopped in there- which is near-silent. All hybrids on the other hand play loud to some extent but the Monarch does a good job of not screaming at me constantly for a hybrid.

Currently my Valkyrie is the quietest. I currently can’t hear it in play.

2 Likes

Ohh cool last night couldn’t find it I’ll pin it to the top.

One of my issues is I have mild hearing lose so I don’t hear the sound much but I’ve had comments from family about my noisy throws

2 Likes

No need to pin it lol. Just impressed by your memory :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loudest
OG iyo-yo iceberg with ceramic bearing. Loudest set up ever.
A close 2nd is the same set up in a Sherpa.

Quietest
Well many throws start out quiet
but those that stay quite with play are amazing but I feel most will develop some noise due to bearing dust or what ever.

MechaBapezilla both SE and OG version of mine are still very quiet. Sometimes can not tell how fast it is spinning. I never really understood how much noise is s que to spin and power left in the throw. I have a biND that is also quite.

I can say that once a throw has gone from being quiet when new to loud. It is difficult to get them quiet again. It can be done with patience and a good cleaning setup.

4 Likes

Loudest is w/o a doubt replay pro like I glued in the caps to try to help them rattle less but it didn’t help and it’s still super loud. I used to be bothered by loud yoyos but I just don’t care anymore and don’t even notice it really. My wife will call me out if my yoyo is too loud tho so I try to keep the bearings quiet. All my metal yoyos are around the same volume level. Plastic unresponsives and my one hybrid seem to be a tiny bit louder. The plastic responsives are quieter, probably bc the bearings are super lubed up. A couple of my metal yoyos do resonate pitches but it’s not loud really and kinda cool like it adds to their character.

4 Likes

loudest = one more vote for the yyf replay pro

quietest = Onedrop Thorn (even moreso before i hit it into a table)
I like silence so its part of why its a favorite throw for me

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure what my quietest yoyo was but then I used my orbital gtx to learn yukki slack and nagao hops. This is definitely the quietest yoyo I have tried.

As for my loudest yoyo I would say that goes to my super vibey b-grade yyf nine dragons

4 Likes

Have you tried swapping bearings from one yoyo to another?

1 Like

The first time I threw the Iceberg my daughter said “Dad! turn your yoyo down!” :rofl:
Yea, it’s the loudest but I find it kinda soothing.

I’ve got a couple super quiet ones. Must be the bearings. I currently have two panoramas. one is fairly loud the other is dead quiet!

4 Likes