Quiet bearings?

Yeah um I got a 10 ball and it was quiet but then a day after it was pretty noisy , and I have v4m lube but I had put it in some of my stock bearings and it made them responsive and didn’t have the spin time they had before, can anybody help with that

yeah, you can help with it. :stuck_out_tongue:
just use the bearing. lube always makes bearings semi-resonsive and slower. once it’s broken in, it should be unresponsive and just as fast as normal.

Any viscus liquid slows a bearing down. It takes energey to move it.

Did you properly clean and fully dry the bearing before putting lube in the bearing? If you don’t clean before lubing, then, any dirt/dust/stuff/etc that is in the bearing will tend to coalesce, making more problems for the bearing than prior to the lube…

db

I just started using powdered graphite lubricant in my bearings. Cleaned and dried first, of course. Bit noisy at first, but once its broken in, its smoooooth and more quiet. Not silent, but more quiet.

for some reason my yoyojam speed bearing plays really quiet in my northstar. Even quieter with thin lube.

well, if people are complaining about the sound, get a crucial grooved bearing, they literally make my metal yoyos sing, (it’s fairly quiet though) it makes a soothing, almost musical note, that I’ve never heard from other bearings

You can clean the bearing in lighter fluid, and lube it with thin lube, just like a drop. The standard flat bearings are pretty quiet. Just give it like a drop of lube.

I agee with this. ^^^
I was so happy with a KK bearing I’m using in my Gnarwhal, I got a bunch more for my other throws. Dietz - silent. Code 1 - silent. Burnside - silent. DV888 - noisy. Hmmm. I swapped bearings with the Code 1 and the DV888 was still noisy while the Code 1 was silent. So it wasn’t the bearing, it was the yoyo. Even the best bearing may still result in noisy play. You need a solid yoyo to go along with it.

I agree. After playing my RecRev throws, which come stock with the crucial grooved, I got one for my DV888. Helped out with the noise and feel quite a bit. They spin so smooth.

I bought a one drop 10-ball bearing for my YYF Chaotic and it keeps it very quiet. Highly recommended.

I just ordered some terrapin x bearings off eBay. Jayyo is the only one who has said anything remotely bad about them.

I have noticed this with old clyws, even with a silent bearing they SCREAM, i think its the bearing seat?

AIGR’s. Lubed.