Questions People ask you when YoYoing in Public that gets under your Skin

And when you hand them the Plastic, They give you a Funny Look like the Metal can do better tricks or do the tricks for them, like it’s a Magic YoYo, lol.

Well Thats just Wrong, It won’t make you unpopular but more like it will make you Shallow, Low and Mean. You Should be saying “Hey there’s another Kid YoYoing, Maybe we can get together Help Each other Learn Tricks and as Far as being at school, Maybe we can even Start a YoYo Club at School and get more people involved”. I wish I had friends or knew people here where I live that Like to YoYo. I Practice and Learn all by myself and wouldn’t mind even teach that Fat, Ugly, and Unpopular Kid at your school that uses that Cool Imperial Duncan (which is Classic, Great Looper and what everyone used before all of these cool throws). Besides Being Fat and Ugly isn’t gonna affect his playing abilities, you might wanna be careful because He might end up learning more then you and play better and become more popular because he took the time to help others learn what he knows and not call them names and not yoyo with them because their unpopular or can’t yoyo.

Just Shallow, Where are these Kids Learning this Stuff, Unpopular more like Unreal. Listen Guru Cola, You should Go to School Bring a couple of your yoyos and walk up to that kid and tell him that even though his yoyo is a good yoyo and great learner that these (and show him the ones you brought) are More Modern and will help you do more advanced tricks and give longer Sleep time. And also if he would like to learn, maybe you could give him some Pointers and Help or even get together and just yoyo. We’re Suppose to Expand Our YoYo Community, Not Walk away from a fellow yoyoer struggling to learn, when you know that you could teach him just as well. All in All, I Think he’s the Better man for not caring that he’s not that good at YoYoing, Yet Continues to try and in the End He’s not the one Losing out, But you are. Your Losing Out on a Possible Good Friend, Remember Looks, Size, and Popularity has nothing to do with how good you can YoYo. Because God knows that I’m a little hefty and not the best looking (even though the wife will argue it) but I can Throw a YoYo pretty good in my Opinion and My size has nothing to do with it other then keep the Skinny dude’s from running their mouths about me YoYoing, cause I’ll kick their … well Everyone should get along no matter what the circumstances

10 Likes

this

people asking questions means they show interest, they overcome the usual “social protocol” as in “don’t talk to strangers” to ask you a question about yoyoing. I welcome these.

I try to always have a plastic throw with me, setup in 1A, so I often invite them to try. I tell them it’s not as hard as it seems and if they want I can teach them a couple tricks in no time. it’s usually the bind then brain twister.

then I talk to them about my website, tell them each yoyos are good for beginners, advice them about where they can get one and when we’re doing our next local meet.

if someone asks me about yoyoing, I couldn’t get mad, I’m happy because it’s potentially a new friend in the making, maybe yoyoing can bring to his/her life what it brought to mine.

I don’t get mad when I get the chance to change someone else’s life in such a positive manner.

yoyo = love

WOW!!! Ignorance such as this will only hurt yoyoing, not help it grow. If you are so worried about people making fun of you, then quit…and who cared if he is learning on an Imperial, its a solid throw to learn on. So do yourself a favor and understand that life is not a popularity contest, you may actually be more popular if you show respect to everyone, not just the “cool” kids.

5 Likes

I think “walk the dog” becomes “walk the flea thats on the dog”.

1 Like

I did try! I let him use my brand new Dark Magic (my best yoyo at the time), he thought that now that he had a good yoyo he could do an around the world, he ended up hitting the wall (the cement wall), and breaking my treasured Dark Magic. I would have forgiven him, but then he said “That yoyo kinda sucked. It’s a really a good thing it broke.”

Ok, here’s the deal. I hung out with this kid for a little while. I got beaten up. I WILL get made fun of if I hang out with him.

Dont worry about them dude, In a perfect world we have no problems, but it’s not a perfect world.

As long as you throw when you can and have fun doing it

My Work mates call me ‘Hagrid’ because of my size and Hair overgrowth.

Nobody makes fun of me to my face

Honestly, this sounds a bit made-up. He would have had to throw it really hard to break it. the dm2 is like indestructible. lol
I’ve dropped one 10-15 feet onto hardwood, and it’s fine. And I’ve hit it into plenty. it has a few dings here and there, but it doesn’t effect the play at all.

I’m sure I would Have Been a little angry Too, But that does not Give you the right to call him names and pick on him. You could of said “Well No it does not suck, it is actually a really good yoyo. It’s Just not made to be Smashed Off a Cement Wall and any yoyo, even a Duncan Imperial will usually break upon impact”. And This My Young Jedi Apprentice is why I usually carry a Plastic and a Metal YoYo at all Times when going out in Public, Just for them beginners that like to Smash into the Wall/Ground with them.
Also Explain to him what you or your parents paid for the Dark Magic and maybe work out a Compensation Deal, But I can tell you 1 thing about you and so called friends. If you guys keep picking on him, you probably won’t get anything back.

OK here’s the deal on this, Who are you trying to make happy in life? Really Simple Question. YOU or Your so Called Friends “The Bullies”? So in all reality, You should do what makes you happy and NOT WORRY what ANYBODY else Says and if that means Hanging Out with That Kid, Then WHO Cares. You shouldn’t let people’s Mean, Rude, Destructively Bad Behavior Influence what Decisions you make in Life, Good or Bad and don’t let them tell you who you can hang out with (Popular or unpopular) Just be Yourself and Nothing More and if the Bullies keep Harassing You or the kid you should Step up and Take The beating Like a man, lol j/k. But no, Honestly You should Report it to someone who can do something about The Bullying. It’s Not Right and Very Wrong, And don’t Act, Think, or Talk Like Them Either because it only makes you look like PinHead, lol

3 Likes

There’s overall too much negativity in the world, but hey, that’s life.

Yoyo should remain positive. If you like it and enjoy, that’s all that matters. If people are interested, chat it up. Never know who you might meet or where it might lead. Worse case is you bring in yet another new person into the world of yoyo’ing and they’ll have fun too.

If you don’t want questions or don’t want to deal with questions or can’t handle questions, then don’t throw in public. I normally don’t because I don’t have enough skills and I don’t want to make myself look too silly. Once I get better, I won’t mind so much. Right now, I’m trying to practice an hour a day to improve my skills and create a 20-30 second 5A routine using either a glow or LED rig for a performance in a show I do sound and lighting for. This routine is to help transition a blackout scene from the previous scene into the following scene. Lofty goals for someone who started from pretty much NOTHING in May and now I have a hard deadline of October 8. Might be too lofty. Worse case is it gets nuked(my bit) and I have to work harder for whenever the next time we do the show is.

As I’ve said:
I don’t care what people think about certain things. I like yoyo. As far as anyone else’s opinion, it’s irrelevant. My wife seems to think I’m some sort of fool for taking this up, especially at my age. My kids want to do this, and I’ve NOT done anything to directly encourage it.

Keep yoyo positive. Have fun. Don’t let anyone change your mind. Terms like “cool” and “fun” and “popular” are relative terms. DO NOT let anyone take away something you enjoy because they say it’s “stupid” or “uncool” or “lame”. Let’s not trying to play the psycho-babble game and say “they say that because…” line of garbage. You like yoyo, do it. Who cares what the others think.

Also, this clique stuff is just self-destructive garbage anyways.

Life may not be a popularity contest, but school definitely is.

These people are right, yoyoing is about being positive. If yoyoing with that fat, ugly kid will bring negativity into your life then don’t do it. Especially if you’re getting beat up for it.

I bet if you would yoyo at school next to the fat kid. It would make his tricks look lame and in turn make yours look cool. If your peers make fun of you for yoyoing next to him, tell them he’s a poser and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Then make fun of him with everyone else.

2 Likes

SOOoo wrong… :-X

4 Likes

I know what you mean at recess a bunch of grade 1’s come up to me and whatch me do kamikaze and then they say can you do walk the dog!!!

1 Like

Don’t want to do walk the dog? Let the yoyo drop, let it spin and say “My dog died. Thanks for bringing up such sad memories.”

But in all seriousness, you can always say “I can do that, but I don’t want scratch up my yoyo on the ground.” Then show them something else, such as rock the baby or some picture trick or maybe an arm grind. Try to have alternatives.

It’s funny. It seems it doesn’t matter how intricate or difficult or complex a trick is, it’s the simplest things that amaze people sometimes.

1 Like

“Can you walk the dog?”

“No, but I can beat a dead horse.”

Throw yoyo on ground and step on it repeatedly.

1 Like

Ah, so you’ve seen how my kids play with yoyos!

I was watching one of my in-laws dogs. The stupid furbag was urinating everywhere in the house.

Added “pss, pss” sound effects to walk the dog. Called it “walk the charlie” Dog is named Charlie.

It’s walk the dog. Throw the sleeper, remove string from finger, but HOLD string. Go “pss, pss” and then start walk the dog and then let go. Just like the dog getting caught wizzing on something and then running away.

My Celestia.

You know, if I acted this way, I’d want to beat myself up.

needles get under my skin. But that’s about it

Splinters?

Here is a couple of questions that make me cringe.

“Is that a new one?”

“How many of those do you have?”

I Cringe because my Wife is the one asking…

4 Likes