Questions People ask you when YoYoing in Public that gets under your Skin

Yep, yep. Been there too many times. :wink:

Hey, Guru-Cola & AFairhurst - I feel sad for you both with that type of an attitude. Good people come in all shapes and sizes. The sooner you recognize that the better off you will be.

“I bet I can do that”
“do it again!!” (in question form)

I meant to quote, not thank. I’m going to have to shower for a week to feel clean after mistakenly enabling those words.

Anyhow, JHB, Icthus, Andre, Mcr? do I have permission to tear into them? Because I have some words that I want to say, but it’s pushing it.

1 Like

Thankyou problem fixed.
Carry on… :wink:

1 Like

A guy at work wanted to try my Nickel SR-71 today… I said no, and he was offended… but hey, i dont want it dropped. im bringing my DV888 tomorrow:… he could throw it through a window for all I care… Haha.

@AFairhurst
&
@Guru-Cola

You are the most disgusting and vile sort of persons I can imagine. I have a special sort of hate for you people, a hate I reserve for murderers(Hate is not a word I use often, it takes a lot of effort to hate). I was that fat and ugly kid, and was tortured for my first two and a half years of high school, because I was a bucket of tub, I HATED myself. You people and your stupid status quo are the sole reason for much of my hate of this world. But in the same sentence, much of my aforementioned hate of myself came from the fact that I wanted to be more like you, I wanted someone to look down on, someone to kick around when I had a bad day. I lost sixty pounds, and grew into my looks, and guess what I did? I turned around and bullied then new fat and ugly kids. And felt heartless. I hated myself even more after losing sixty pounds than I did had I weighed more than at my peak (304, I know you were wondering.). I felt like I was still the worthless one. But I suppose they call that having a heart. Yoyoing is about being positive, in that we can make ourselves and others feel better. don’t ignore someone because they aren’t as high on your stupid social ladder, what we have is a brotherhood, one that should run deeper than any sort of outer appearance. If one person makes you want to stop, then please, for the sake of all of us, just. stop. As far as your lack of any compassion for any other human being goes, let’s just hope we don’t end up meeting in person. Because if we do, I will give you the biggest hug you have ever had. Because I pity you.

That’s right.

I…

PITY…

YOU.

As far as anyone reading this, and wondering how I dealt with people like you? I didn’t. I cried, I hated myself, I wanted to die, call me a pansy for it, I don’t care. You don’t deal with it, you survive it, and it gets better. I wondered what I did wrong as a human being, what I said wrong, everything. when people act like that towards you, it isn’t because you did something wrong, it’s because they feel wrong themselves and decide to take it out on someone better. Now, I’m not great by any means, but I’m a heck of a lot better than the scumbags who try to tear others down.

I’ve kept a lot of that hate inside for way to long. and like I said, hate isn’t something that is easy for me to deal with.

Sorry

11 Likes

I agree with AFairhurst on the point that if you are going to get beat up for yoyoing, then don’t do it. But I disagree with the point that you should make fun of the “fat ugly kid”. There is never a reason to make fun of someone, unless it a friend and they know you are poking at them. If making fun of someone makes you feel better, you need to see a psychiatrist

Q, I’m sorry for anything that has happened to you in the past. I didn’t do it. Don’t take it out on me.

But to me this fat, ugly kid sounds kind of like of a douche. He broke this guys DM and then told him it was crappy. I would be pretty mad about my broken 40 dollar yoyo. Having said that, I was mostly joking about the making fun of him part. You don’t have to make fun of him for your tricks to look way cooler.

Well instead of calling him a fat ugly kid why can’t you call him a jerk instead if that’s why you dislike him? Still sounds like sour apples to me.

I happen to not care anymore what people think of me. If anything, the people who dislike me for me not hiding who I am aren’t going to be the people I’m going to want to be around…

1 Like

I call him the fat, ugly kid because that’s what he was originally referred to as.
Idk his name so I have nothing else to go by.

His name from this day fourth will be Mr. Smith…

Now, where is the “vote for most heartfelt post” button on q. Guys. Seriously. Don’t call em fat’n’ugly. Maybe the 50 pound 1st grader thinks the same about you.

Another thing to bring up…people asking “How many of those do you have on you?” while giving me a strange look. If I’m going to be out for a while, I typically stash about 3 or 4 yoyos with me incase I get tired of throwing one, or if I want to do 5A or 4A stuff. I usually end up telling them that I have tons more at home and only brought a couple.

Oh, and hearing questions like “Is that a NED yoyo?” Nope, it’s far better than one of those :slight_smile:

Lastly, another thing that drives me up the wall is something on my end. I go to show somebody a cool looking trick (like Gyroscopic Flop) and end up messing up on whipping the string around. The moment they turn away, I finally nail it. I guess you can call it pressure.

My profession Is pretty accepting of the actual yoyos. I’m a welder and work with a bunch of machinists. They think the machining aspect is awesome. ;D

“is that all you do at your house?” In a very snarky manner.

lol lol lol ;D If “Mr. Smith” sees this I bet he will lol ;D

Well then Q, we have something In common Because I got picked on for being to Fat and Poor. My mom was on Welfare when I was growing up and Was Called Welfare Bum, it wasn’t my fault my mom need welfare I was only a kid. Besides welfare is good for people who need help for a short time, Not your whole life. But any way, You really don’t get help with it, you only learn to Bury it deep inside and Deal with It. Which Sucks because like Q said, You start hating yourself and get real depressed and for most Eat More Food and get Bigger. But the Funny part about those Bullies is that once your older and Graduated, They try to be your friends or are Doing Worse then You, No Job, No Girl, No Life, lol Lounging on the Couch Belly sticking out watching Rosanne Reruns lol. Well You Got a good Job, sweet looking Girl, and a Professional YoYo Sponsorship saying I wonder where that Bully that wouldn’t yoyo with is now, lol.

2 Likes

This is why I love Q (and yes, we are friends outside of this forum) and Big Rob is now high on the list. Being bullied for any reason is depressing. I was bullied in school too but in the end I know it made me a stronger and better person than you will ever amount to. In the end, people that bully others, will eventually be broken by the ones that they bully…either mentally or physically. So by all means, keep putting down the “fat ugly kid”, your karma will come around and bite you in the butt sooner than you think.

1 Like

WOW, how did I miss this one…

1st - School is a popularity contest because of the mentality of people like you that believe it is. It never needs to be so the faster children get it through their heads that being popular does nothing for you in life, the faster the future of this world will start to look brighter.

2nd - Calling the kid a “poser” because he does not know the same quality of tricks you may is WRONG! There is a difference between being a poser and a beginner. You were once a beginner, heck, you may still be a beginner for all I know, does that mean I should have the right to call you a poser? No, it doesn’t!!

I have to 110% agree with Q, I hope our paths don’t ever cross because if they do, I won’t be giving out hugs. Q is a better person than I am, he at least has pity for you.

1 Like

I’ve read each of these posts from the very first to the one prior to this and I think I’m beginning to understand why yoyoing isn’t growing faster than it is. Think about it and you will too. We’ve placed ourselves in the public eye where we can be seen and then get upset when we’re noticed. We seem to be a pretty sensitive group.

Doesn’t make much sense to me!

Maybe the reason we keep hearing things we don’t like is the fact that we keep doing the same thing and getting the same result. For example, If I hate it when someone asks me, “Can you rock the baby?” I could just smile at them and whip out that trick before they ask. Different result!

I would suggest to you that when you experiencing things you don’t like in life, that venting is fine, but then go the next step and take responsiblity and or control and instigate change.

This is my final post in this thread as I find it a little depressing. I’d rather by happy ;D.