Question regarding inward loops

Is it normal when practicing inward loops for the string to get loose near the bearing? I am pretty new to yo-yoing still and I was practicing inward loops earlier and every 5 minutes or so my yo-yo would go flying off the string.

What is the solution to this? Is it best to wrap the string around the bearing just once when practicing looping or should I wrap it around twice? I have a YoYoJam Unleashed with the gap adjusted to the tightest setting if that helps at all. Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated.

With looping you need to adjust your string tension periodically. In this case you need to tighten it. You can do this many ways. A few examples are to learn string adjustment tricks like Sidewinder or UFO, learn hop the fence or outside loops which reverse what inside loops do, or just take the string off your finger and let it wind up again.

Taking the string off your finger is easiest, but I would recommend learning Sidewinder!

By the way, Unleashed is a great yo-yo! The tightest setting is too tight for me and I shorten my string for 2A.

1 Like

I hope i get this right. :wink:

Right hand inside loops will loosen the string.

Right hand outside loops will tighten the string.

Left hand inside loops will tighten the string.

Left hand outside loops will loosen the string.

“DING DING DING DING DING! You win the 64 Dollar Question.”