Question on string

I opened my 5a may prize yesterday (mikemonty mori) and it is lovely and all. What really drew my attention is that black polyester string that feels nothing like I have ever played before. Any idea what is the stock string he uses ? (Maybe zipline?).

I tried to send him an e-mail but his website / shop seems to be down.

I know for a fact that he packed his mementos with zipline skyline, but I was not able to find out the answer for the mori.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I was wondering if it was Zipline Prestige Black. It seemed similar to some I have.

1 Like

Never touched a zipline (except alphaline) in my life so I wouldn’t know…

If it is black and actually poly/nylon blend, Prestige or Executive Class Lite are possibilities. Black was a standard color for Prestige. “Blackout” was a recent special edition EC Lite. Not sure how often it was offered.

Between the two, Prestige has a much higher poly content.

Prestige

Executive Class Lite

1 Like

I already played a couple of hours with it and it begun to frey a bit so I do not thing a photo would help you identify it…Right?

Both of the pictured strings are played and washed. But they don’t differ much from new in what I think is the key detail, which is the number of thicker threads in the mix.

1 Like

I know the string was not Executive Class, they are my favorites so I know them well. I should say… I got one of these Mori as well. I compared the string to the Prestige I have and I’m quite certain that’s what it is. I actually removed it and strung it with Skyline and I’m not sure where the OG went or I would look at the threads in it.

1 Like

I have already sent him an email. Will let you know as soon as I do.

1 Like

Just got a reply from Mike. It is a poly and cotton mix by magicyoyo!

1 Like

Interesting!

I haven’t played poly/cotton in ages.

This was a first for me too. I have played the strings that come with y03 hertz but they were nothing like that.

I dug up the “intermediate” strings I remembered and they are YYE (and available in black):

1 Like