Talk to me about String

Ok boys and girls, I am asking for a recommendation for a boutique string. It’s been a hard semester, and when I get out of school, I want to reward myself with some throw sessions with some premium string.

Here’s what I’m looking for:
-BRIGHT yellow (or orange), like hurt to look at it
-THICK
-As SOFT as possible
-and long lasting would be nice

I don’t really care about price, because I’ll only be buying a few. Thanks!

7 Likes

The skyline III from ZipLine is very nice . It’s a nylon/poly blend very durable pretty decent in thickness. Very soft not too springy and binds pretty well. Only downside is that ZipLine can be a bit short sometimes

5 Likes

Markmont formulas has some pretty bright yellows and oranges. Downside is that they are not what id call soft. But if you’re looking for something different 🤷🏽

3 Likes

Prolly best to reach out to @BadWolfeCo for something custom

4 Likes

ZipLine EP 20/20

I appreciate the shout out! I’m always happy to do custom orders, it’s fun making new stuff.

1 Like

With that criteria, I would go for BadWolfeCo as well.
But hey, soft string that I ever tryed was from @MattB, I heard they are cooking some new formulas.

1 Like

Thanks - Out of what I make, Ammo is the thickest and softest.

2 Likes

Ammo, trully?

The soft string that I ever tested was Type X, I cant even imagine how a string could be softer. . .

1 Like

Ammo is a thicker version of Type X, so yeah, softer.

1 Like

If Airetic were still around, I’d recommend trying them. YYSB Type X and AMMO also stood out to me as being nice and soft when I was testing out different string awhile back.

2 Likes

I echo the statement on Airetic. If you find anybody selling some or if you find a yoyo that comes with one, buy it. It’s the softest plushiest string. Golden Hour Ridgeline comes with one, and so does the Few and Far Between Elysium I believe.

I just checked out Airetic, their strings look amazing!
But they don’t make any more?

Correct, they don’t make them anymore which is why I provided a few ways to get your hands on some of you really wanted. They last forever and you can wash them and reuse them

That’s such a shame! Because this photo from their website is EXACTLY what I’m looking for. Thick, tightly wound. Super soft and durable apparently.

I guess it sounds like I should go for something nylon.

1 Like

Gotta be careful though because some nylon strings are really rough, like fishing twine. I dunno how airetic did it differently, but they really knocked it out of the park in terms of soft plushy nylon string. Closest I’ve felt would probably be some high end Zipline nylon blends.

Airetic used “wooly” nylon, basically what everyone uses now. I think its technically called trilobal nylon. The old school nylon string is the rough stuff, not sure if anyone uses that anymore.

1 Like

Its nice but its to thin for what he wants for a string

1 Like

Have you tried sochi xl or sochi fat string?

I think Big Bang Bangalores sells some of the old school scratchy Nylon on their site.