Question on 3a

Does anyone know if it’s possible to actually permanently break 3a yoyos by hitting them together? I’m not talking about absolutely smashing them, although I would like to know about that too, I’m just talking if you damage the ano enough times, will it shred through strings? Will it vibe like crazy? I know it probably won’t cause any damage that will make it unplayable, but I am curious to know how much damage can accumulate

2 Likes

3a damage is usually just ano burns or smooth marks on the yoyo so no worries about string cutting issues. You can always just take some high grit sandpaper and smooth it if you wanted as well.

I’ve played a bit of 3a and have some pretty beat yoyos from it and all of them are still playable with a little bit of vibe. I look for something with a slightly longer axle and a better aluminum like 7075. I’m sure you could make something unplayable but it’s going to be pretty difficult.

Also if you’re worried about damaging your 3a throws just pick up some plastic ones or a cheap pair of c3 cyber crash 2s.

2 Likes

Yeah the only reason I ask is cuz I have 2 autoscopies and I’m a little hesitant to bore into them full throttle, but they’re literally made for 3a, so I didn’t think I would have much to worry about