My Yoyo strings keep breaking

I got a new yo-yo and when I used it for the first time it was fine for about 3hours then the string broke I had got spare but they broke to then I try using my own made string and It broke so what should I do to fix this problem

1 Like

Buy Airetics strings and rub the response area with denim.

5 Likes

What kind of yoyo? If it is a wood fixed axle, cotton string will last longer than poly. If a metal yoyo, as the first response said, take the yoyo apart, look at the response area to check for obvious damage, and rub the response area on some denim. My understanding is sometimes a blast is a bit aggressive and the denim breaks down the aggressive blast edges.

4 Likes

It’s a metal yo-yo
Beboo l2 solar eclipse :grin:

2 Likes

Unscrew the yoyo, pass with your finger in the area of the response pads and check if there’s any sharp deburring on the metal surface. in most cases you can remove them by rubbing the yoyo on jeans on super fine sand paper.

5 Likes

Just be careful when screwing the yoyo back together. Make sure the screw is aligned with the threads in the yoyo, and, you don’t need to screw it super tight.

Edit: I should have welcomed you to this corner of the internet earlier. Welcome and enjoy your yoyo journey!

3 Likes

Thx so much for the information and I hope you will keep being awesome and nice like this this help me out and I will keep training to become better :grin::grin::+1:t2: @French

4 Likes

make sure your putting the string on after you screw the yoyo together

2 Likes

Thank you. 99.9% of the time, people on this forum are very helpful, polite and encouraging. The 0.1% are probably going through a rough patch. Don’t ever worry about asking questions, we were all beginners at one time, even André who owns YoYoExpert and made almost all of the tutorials.

Talk to people on the forum the way you want to be talked to (in real life and on the forum) and all should be fine.

3 Likes

What do you mean by this?
I always put the string over the bearing with the yo yo taken apart. Never had an issue. Much easier IMO

kgb

It’s possible to catch the string between the yoyo and the bearing causing the yo to snap back at you or cutting the string.

5 Likes