quality string

Compared to some premium strings, it’s softer, but there are softer strings out there. Ammo is tweaked primarily for JD’s performance criteria, but one of his first comments when he held the protos was that they were soft. Not sure in comparison to what.

Compared to the all mighty Kitty String, it’s soft.

AMMO is definitely very soft. I’m in the middle of another long review of YYSL string, so I’ve been focusing on it’s qualities to an extreme degree recently.

I think many of the stiff polyester/nylon strings coming out these days are giving people strange impressions of yoyo string in general, especially new/inexperienced players. Strings that whip blindingly fast aren’t always the best strings to use for whips. For example, a few years ago I was very new to yoyoing. I decided that Brent Stole was the hot new trick of the month, so I just had to lean it. I picked up some “Angel String” (made of 100% nylon) and went to town.

I learned the trick within about an hour and was very proud. I could do it consistently every time and even managed to get consecutive Brent Stoles (from GT to GT with nothing in between) in another hour.

When I put a “normal” string back on my yoyo, I couldn’t whip for beans! It only took a few days for me to lose all that I had worked for because I relied so heavily on the ridiculously fast whipping qualities of a super-stiff string. I’m all in favor of people using the string they enjoy using, but if you really want to get good, don’t rely on anything but yourself.

Personally, I find that AMMO is perfect for me in regards to whipping speed. It whips much faster than standard polyester string, but is still very, very comfortable and provides long-lasting performance and great tension management. As long as you don’t expect it to be a soft version of a stiff polyester/nylon string, you’ll love it.

Ammo and Type X all the way! Whips fairly fast, but still easy to control; Although heavier/slicker strings whip faster, they’re harder to control (for me anyways)- sometimes it actually whips too fast. Both Type X and Ammo are pretty soft too.

I just feel that after playing kitty string for a long time it tends to get thinner and that doesn’t happen with type x. It feels the same from day 1 to day 20.

Got my Ammo today! It is indeed pretty soft. I can do a GT Laceration without ruining my shoulder, so that’s whippy enough for me. I don’t know Revolutions yet, but I did a Twirly Bird and the loop formed by the slack was a thing of beauty!

I do enjoy slick-ish strings, too (Quick 13 P1s for example), but just as with bearings and yoyos, I like variety. I can see Ammo quickly becoming my favourite “soft” string.

what happens on day 21 ???

Fire. Just. Fire.

Epic strings.

thanx for all the input this is what I ordered , comes in the mail tomorrow . can’t wait gonna do brent stole till I’m blue in the face . I also ordered some snakes up from the Uk .

Toxic Strings
Atomic Wonder (Rainbow) x1

Yo-Yo String Lab - Type X String - 10 Pack
Butane Flame (Blue/Green/Black) x1

Yo-Yo String Lab AMMO - 10 Pack
Blood Red B+ x1

Yo-Yo String Lab AMMO - 10 Pack
Roasted Peppers (Red, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Black) x1

Yeah, that’s how I feel about kittys. While they retain their shape, I think they’re awesome! Afterwards, they slip binds.

@op, great choice of strings!