pulsefire vibe

people who have it
does one half of yours vibe more than the other half

I need to ask how you determine it is one half as being responsible for this since both halves are bound together.

I know this sounds crazy, but Iā€™ve experienced, when doing a fingernail test on a few yoyos, that one half spins smoothly while the other half chatters away. In the end itā€™s not a huge deal

1 Like

Youā€™re not crazy, my basselope does exactly what you have described and it makes finger grinds an ā€œInterestingā€ experience.

Both sides on my Pulsefire vibe pretty equally. Mine vibes quite severely if I donā€™t set the axle in the right position.

I couldnā€™t tell a difference from each side. ^ That stinks you got a vibey one mine is pretty mild.

I just want to add that I too have had this happen to one of my yo-yos where it seemed that only 1 side of the yo-yo vibed while the other side was significantly smoother. How does that even happen? Iā€™m legitimately curious.

Here is a simple answer>

Without getting into Static or Dynamic balance type verbiage, I will offer some easy insight.

Think of a Yoyo as a spoked bicycle wheel. If the hub is centered Exactly in the middle of the rim and the tire is amazingly molded evenly; the bicycle will potentially roll smoothly because( not considering other contributing factors regarding the rest of the bike) the wheel is spinning ā€˜Concentricā€™(centered from dead center to outer rolling edge).

If you see a bicycle rolling down the street and the tire or tires are moving from side to side; that is called runout. (Spokes not evenly tightened or too much curb hopping, etc.).

Concerning runout and concentricity, one can happen without the other.

So in the case of a yoyo(as a little tire so to speak) you can do two fingernail tests: one against the outer edge of the Yoyo and the other against the circumference edge of the Yoyo.

You can have a Yoyo that exhibits no chatter and the other ā€˜chatterā€™. Centered but failing the Runout edge test.

It is very possible for one half of a Yoyo to pass the fingernail test and the other half of the same Yoyo to fail.

Easily proven.

1 Like