protostar vs northstar

just cant decide what would you prefer

i have protostar, and I’ve play with my friend’s northstar.
honestly, i can’t feel any difference.
maybe just me though. :-\

Northstar!!!

Northstar!!!

i like the way the northstar feels, but i like the way my protostar plays better

I own both and I’d go with the northstar

thanks im gonna get the norhtstar

protostar if you wana play it safe

im getting both

Good idea.

yahhh ;D

Personally, I’d get the protostar because it’s reliable, durable, and doesn’t seem to have many problems or defects (besides the fact that the bearing will be destroyed if taken out with force).
The northstar, on the other hand, has gained a lot of popularity because jensen won the worlds with it. But still, the it’s the player, not the yoyo that plays well(explaining Jensen’s victory). Just some of the problems with the Northstar are when it cracks, or when the sides pop out.

Hope this helped.

I have both, and prefer the Northstar. I have an Orange Northstar, and haven’t had any problems.

I have a bunch of yo yos, Hit man ,Dark Magic, Mini Mo Tu.etc. and just bought the Protostar.
All the yos except Protostar have good response.
I can’t get the protostar to return. I do double binds and still no response. The silicon ring is recessed and the berring very wide. Do i need to change to a different berring? or how do I reduce the wide gap?

They’re both pretty much the same. The Northstar is heavier, and the side caps are different, which makes a big difference for that little change. So the NorthStar can handle a lot more than the ProtoStar IMO.

Northstar has a smaller gap, more weight on the rims, and is a bit heavier than the protostar.
I personally like the northstar more, (because of the smaller gap) but it is all up to you, and what YOU like. They are both AMAZING yoyos.

I have played with both and to be honest the Northstar’s more floaty than the Protostar.
So if you want a floaty throw go with the Northstar, or else go with the Protostar.

get the protostar one it plays a little bit different than the protostar but when i got my northstar it was minty untill the next day 0 dings i saw a little crack in it

yah i like um both

I’ve got a northstar and i love it, I have hit it countless times on concrete floor without any cracks anywhere. I hate the bearing, its really noisy and I’m not sure if the ‘centre track’ does much but the yoyo is amazing its my favourite yoyo by far it looks great, plays great, feels great in your hand its just GREAT. I’d strongly recommend getting one. :slight_smile: