Protostar question

If Ben is on here, I would want to ask him,
Is it true that there’s two versions of Protostars?
Igot two protostars that says made in china and two that says made in shenzhen china.
The boxes both say that the protostar is a 67g throw, but the shenzhen made on feels slightly floatier, lighter and faster. Is this true? The original protostar pics on this site says made in china but the neons say made in shenzhen. I really don’t want to have my money scammed.

I think they slightly change yoyos over the years.
But being that one says made In China, and the other is made in shenzhen, they could be from the same place.

Probably, but they feel slightly different, I checked today and found out they even have different spacers. I really care about this kind of information since the protostar is my my main throw( I have four of them). I even compete with protostars. Yah prelims, finals everything is purely done with the protostar so I really care for mine. To me protostars aren’t cheap plastic disposable throws, they are apart of me. They may be imperfect but I’m not perfect either. Protostars may be challenging to perform with on stage in a high stress enviorment but that’s why they get me focused so much on my tricks so I have to be good at the tricks and not let the yoyo do the work for me. Protostars are also pretty expensive for me, Chinese People only make one seventh of the money people make in America, it sucks but that’s how it is.

Did you buy them at different times?

Spacers changed after the first run. There have been 3 different molds for protostar as we refine it, moving the injection point off the rim and getting a more consistent yoyo.

I think most players who have tried them will say the neon feels different again.

They are still excellent throws though. Don’t think you are getting an inferior yoyo by any means. They are Sweet!

I have 4 protostars and still wanting more

I like my Protostar. I like it so much that it made me also buy a Northstar and I like that one too.

Yeah, they are plastics. Yeah, they do play like metals. Whatever YYF did with these, they did it right.

You got that right. My protostar can keep up with the best of them

I own a lot of metals, but I prefer using the Protostar as my daily throw. It can take a beating and it’s still smooth like butter. :]

I only has one protostar. Its a firs run, and it didn’t have the arrow thingy, and a slight pulse.

But I like them a lot.

For me, it play slightly heavier than my friend’s protostar, I don’t know what run it is but it already has the arrow.

Anyway, that made in china and made in shenzen china is just a writing.

Its still a great yoyo.