protostar or northstar

Hey guys, can’t decide which to get. I know that the northstar is a little heavier than the protostar, but are there any other differences? Which one would you reccomend? Thanks for the help!

Protostar for a lighter, slower paced play. And Northstar for a heavier, faster paced play. Both are truely awesome. You wont be dissapointed!

Both are very good choice. They don’t seem to vary too much in floatness or pace though. I like the Protostar better just because I like the color. But Northstar isn’t bad either as Jensen Kimmitt won worlds with it, the possibilities are unlimited.

Although they are one of the worst for finger grinds.

The Protostar and the Northstar are practically the same yoyo. The only real difference is the Northstar is heavier (as you know). If you like lighter/floaty yoyos, I’d go with the Protostar, If you tend to like heavier yoyos, I’d get a Northstar. Another difference that doesn’t affect play at all is the northstar DOESN’T come in any translucent colors and the Protostar ONLY comes in translucent colors…

Hope this helps. :wink:

Besides weight, the gap of the north star is a tiny bit smaller then the protostars making it a little easyer to bind especially after a long combo.