Protegé or Dv888

at blc, i tried a protoge and it was good. it felt like an undersized metal protostar. the one problem is that for some reason, it got knots really easily.the protoge was great besides the knots though. Dv888 is always a safe bet. but over all of them, i would say add some money and get a ministar. if you can add the money, be a pioneer and get the protoge. if you dont want to take a risk, get dv888. it is on sale for the summer (ha, i said it anyways!)

Well wanted to try hubstacks but most of the all metal hubstacks are $80. I would try the ministar but i dont like the colours. They are dark. If anyone want to preference any yoyo then go for it :slight_smile:

Bad thing is that i live in Australia and i dont know any yoyos store here.(there are rarely any) so i cant try the new yoyos.

I prefer:
Size: i want to try undersized but full sized is also ok.=doesn’t matter
Colour: colour does matter, i want yoyo with bright colour such as Silver,gold,yellow,white and other light colours.
Shape:all kinds of concave. Such as h-shape, butterfly,etc.
Price:It doesn’t matter , but lower the better :slight_smile:
Brand:More in to yoyofactory but one drop, general yo or others are ok.
Special Features: I do want to try hubstcaks but i dont mind if the the yoyo preferrred doesn’t.

THANKS ;D

well just putting this out there, you can mod a y factor to have hubstacks

Or you could just not worry about it.

Talk to somebody else that yoyos in Australia. I know that Hardcore_max lives down under. Try out some of their stuff. I know max has a PGM at least. That has hubstacks.

You live in Australia, like bright colors, and what a yo-yo with hubstacks? Only one yo-yo comes to mind and that is the 4xl.

Plus those use Jimmy hats which are actually usable for other things than pull starts.

ILYY Void is pretty sick, too. I LOOOOVVVEEE YYF but the Void is amazing.

Haven’t tried Protegé, but my DV888 is just amazing.

Went from an atmosphere to the DV888, and I can honestly say I only use the atmosphere if I don’t want to take the chance to ding up my DV888 xD

It’s smooth and fast.

Plus, for me, it’s a grinding mecha. Couldn’t grind worth shit. Picked up the DV888, I’m getting really good.

Please watch the language. Yes you didn’t exactly say anything, but you suggested at it.

And don’t take this as criticism, but grinding on metals is easy. If you think you’re good at grinding, do it on a plastic. :wink:

I would say get the dv888 its on sale and like it better than the protege.
all it really came down to for me was the price point.
I thought the dv88 played just as good as the protege for almost half the price.
So there is an opinion from someone who has played both.
Also dont bother with hubstacks there cool for a little while but they quickly lose their flare.

Of course it is. But, I was mainly going towards the fact that it’s flat on the inside, which accounts for better thumb grinds.

And, do you mean on full-on plastic, or like, my atmosphere?