Presenting the YoYoFactory KnockOut Series Mystery Box!

Congrats @YoYoExpertEric! If I’m not mistaken, these are your first exclusive YYF signature designs, ya?

3 Likes

I’m psyched from what I’ve seen from the bimetal so far, those YYJ Koloski vibes :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Where have you seen them?

From my own box and someone elses

1 Like

I just opened the box about 20 mins ago. So far I am really digging the yyj / nostalgic feel of the bimetal. The mono is prettier though and I haven’t played it enough yet. The string kinda feels like diamond blend you get with G2s.

1 Like

While I know he’s talked about making preparations to ship Diamond blend with all orders eventually, as I understand it @G2_Jake is still shipping Kitty fat (yellow and white) with all orders; the Nebula Reapers (a pretty recent drop) shipped with Kitty. I was confused as well and thought for the longest time that the white strings were Diamond blend, but it’s a very slick string made by Zipline that is pretty much impossible to confuse with Kitty once you’ve played it.

If the string from the mystery box is yellow it’s likely Knot Bad.

1 Like

It is not ‘Knot Bad’. It is a new signature string for Eric from YoYoStringLab. :wink:

9 Likes

The mono has been my favorite, might change when I put more time into the bimetal, but great release @YoYoExpertEric

3 Likes

I personally like the bi metal more but both are awesome.

2 Likes

I got the red bi metal and the blue and orange mono. The mono looks awesome when spinning, almost turns to a purplish color.

1 Like

Aw, c’mon! We’ve only had them for a few hours. They are both very unique in my opinion and neither feel like any other yoyo I own.The mono is very comfortable, love the blast and it just keeps going on and going with nice tight binds. The bi is also very comfortable, great finish, and it just keeps going and going with nice tight binds. I was just outside throwing for a few hours with my apprentice and I let him try both. He liked the mono more. Both of these yoyos were very worth the wait and delivered on all the anticipation. I love them both and will throw them a lot over the coming week to get a better feel for them. Eric, you did a great job with both, and I really like your signature string which is the first YYSL product I have ever used. Thank you, Andre and YYF for the Mystery Box!

9 Likes

Oh well you’re probably right. The only other zipline string I used was skyline. I got my reaper from a give away. Either way the mystery box has nice string.

2 Likes

Guess I’m glad now USPS is showing delivery on Saturday.

Got my second Covid shot yesterday. I’m up at 2am, shoulder killing me, and feeling like I have the flu. Ugh.

2 Likes

Different colors! :slight_smile:

Mono: 3x solids, 2x splashes!
Bi-metal: 3x solids 1x splash 1x fade

15 Likes

Hoping for two solid colors. Mine is out for delivery now. If not, I’m thinking a color swap thread will be in order :grinning:

5 Likes

Welp, just like that I check tracking and it’s going to be here today. Might be what I need to cheer me up.

6 Likes

I truly hope your day gets better and you find that cheer you’re looking for!

2 Likes

FWIW I starting feeling like crap the morning after my 2nd dose but was back to normal by the next morning.

Mine’s in town but showing as delivering tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Well just got mine in. I wont need a color swap :grinning: Love the two I got. I’ve bought several Mystery Boxes over the years, but have skipped them for a few years now, just because I know what I like and prefer knowing what I’m getting. Past boxes, for me, haven’t done it for me. However, I’m super happy about this box. Love both the yoyos, the KO though is killer! It’s my favorite of the two

I can’t remember what he said, but @yyfben2.deactivated made a comment on the livestream on Monday (can’t remember exactly what he said now) but it made me think that I needed to get this box. Happy I did.

Two great yoyos you’ve got here @YoYoExpertEric !!!

6 Likes

Same. I’ve only done a couple iirc but usually just wait as I know what I like. Really glad I got this one though.