Preferred Weight?

I’ve noticed a lot of throws these days linger around 63-64g, usually hanging on the lighter end of the gram spectrum…I personally like heavier - what do you guys prefer?

I’m only talking numbers here…not weight distribution and play feel

• <60g
  • 60-62g
  • 63-64g
  • 65g-68g
  • 69g>

0 voters

It entirely depends on the shape and size of the yoyo.

7 Likes

Lighter is better imo.

3 Likes

If it’s 48 mm or under it has to weigh less than 4 pounds otherwise it will feel like a rock on the string.

3 Likes

Can we just do 63-68?

4 Likes

That’s such a wide range tho :sob:

1 Like

That’s the range of 99% of players. The weight doesn’t matter as much as its distribution.

5 Likes

Yes, agreed @hobbygod, I highlighted this in the op - this poll is to help me understand the mentality of consumers judging whether or not they should purchase a throw when all they have are the specs

Of course diameter and width come into play when deciding but has anyone ever been dissuaded by making a purchase when they see a weight they don’t agree with?

Most throws exist on the <63g list these days - I personally don’t buy a throw if I consider it too light, even if I agree with everything else

Ranges are way too specific. I like stuff that enters in a lot of those ranges, literally 60 - 68 g.

6 Likes

How many throws exist in the 70g-78g range?

What about the 50g to 58g range?

This is why I broke it down :joy:

Alas, y’all answered my question

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Most of the time if I say >67 I’m like nahhhhh that’s a turn off. For certain designs it’s more like >65.

I can go pretty light though, doesn’t bother me.

4 Likes

I like both extremely speedy models but most of the time I actually love some heavier throws because of how generally stable and powerful they feel

2 Likes

If I could have a Hashtag made out of lead throw true every time, I’d be sooooo happy.

“The weight is good. Weight is a sign of reliability. If it does not work you can always hit him with it.”
-Boris the Blade

3 Likes

It won’t let me vote but definitely 65 to 68

1 Like

It still matters though.

Poll re-opened

I’ve been throwing my Ti Float and Markmont Classic the most lately. So… 59-67g is the sweet spot I guess.

11 Likes

How sweet it is. I agree with this man.

What color is your MMC?

Ok I voted so now the poll results are legitimate.

1 Like