Post Your Modding Fails Here!

This is basically a thread where everyone can post their modding fails! I hope to have fun reading these!

well just a few days ago i tried to add weight to my yyf whip by pouring flowable silicon into the sides it looked like it was gonna work great. I let it cure for half a day and it felt dry, then I tried it out, but didn’t realize that while the stuff on the top was perfectly dry the stuff underneath wasn’t so when it spun fast enough the dry part flew off, and sent flowable silicon all over my floor, luckily it was clear so what i wasn’t able to clean up didn’t show anyways.

No fails yet…after 5 years of modding.

Thanks for this story, it probably saved me a decent clean up. I just got a DM2 with no response in a trade, and had someone put flowable silicone in it tonight, and they were like keep the halves straight and let them try. I would have thought it would have been super quick drying, and have been able to play with it when I got home, but apparently you gotta let it sit for like 24 hours or something for it to fully dry. Luckily I have about 15 other yoyo’s I could play with in the mean time, and a final that’s due online today by midnight :stuck_out_tongue:

i was putting silicone into my yoyo clyw gnarwhal lol i forgot to take te bearing out and the bearing was deshilded omg so much fun cleaning and using a tooth pick :smiley:

the bearing didnt die